Accessing Task Scheduler API
Author Message
 Accessing Task Scheduler API

In the MSDN Library describes the Task Scheduler API as a set of COM
objects.  However, all of the examples are written in C and I have scoured
my Windows 2000 machine with 'OLE View' looking for any of the COM
interfaces as being registered on my computer.  Does anyone know how to
access this API from Visual Basic?

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:12:05 GMT
 Accessing Task Scheduler API
Scott,

Your options are:

A.  Find a commercial control that allows you to access the task scheduler

B.  Write a VB friendly type lib and reference it in your project.

C.  Go to http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo were he has a control and a good
example of the type library.

D.  Send me an email, and I can supply you with a type library I wrote and a
ActiveX DLL wrapper around it.  I wish I had found the above site before I wrote
mine, it would have saved me a little time.  But it was a good experience none
the less.

Tom Shelton

Quote:
> In the MSDN Library describes the Task Scheduler API as a set of COM
> objects.  However, all of the examples are written in C and I have scoured
> my Windows 2000 machine with 'OLE View' looking for any of the COM
> interfaces as being registered on my computer.  Does anyone know how to
> access this API from visual basic?

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 05:35:54 GMT
 Accessing Task Scheduler API

| In the MSDN Library describes the Task Scheduler API as a set of COM
| objects.  However, all of the examples are written in C and I have scoured
| my Windows 2000 machine with 'OLE View' looking for any of the COM
| interfaces as being registered on my computer.  Does anyone know how to
| access this API from visual basic?
The following page may be helpful to you although written in Japanese.
http://www.vbvbvb.com/jp/gtips/0251/gNetScheduleJobAdd.html
http://www.vbvbvb.com/jp/gtips/0251/gNetScheduleJobDel.html
http://www.vbvbvb.com/jp/gtips/0251/gNetScheduleJobEnum.html
http://www.vbvbvb.com/jp/gtips/0251/gNetScheduleJobGetInfo.html
--
mado http://www.vbvbvb.com/

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:57:32 GMT

1. Task Scheduler API self delete job

2. Task Scheduler API

3. Task Scheduler API

4. USING TASK SCHEDULER API WITH VISUAL BASIC.

5. Task Scheduler API

6. Does Task Scheduler Expose an API?

7. Task Scheduler API

8. Task Scheduler API