<<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Author Message
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>

My Win32Api.TXT seems to have wrong calls to it.
Example....
 I went to the API viewer, got the GetShortPathName api as below

Declare Function GetShortPathName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetShortPathName" (ByVal lpszLongPath As String, ByVal lpszShortPath As
String, ByVal cchBuffer As Long) As Long

When I try and use it, vb gives a error. So I came to this group and
found a message with it in it, and the api given in the message is not
like mine. The Alias "GetShortPathName"  in the message was Alias
"GetShortPathNameA"  Notice the "A" at the end of the Alias .
Is there someone out there that has the updated Win32API.txt that I
could get. I looked ALL over MS home page and could not find it.
I'm using VB5 SP3
Thanks
Kenny

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Hi Kenny --

Quote:
>My Win32Api.TXT seems to have wrong calls to it.

Yep, that file was full of errors, as shipped by MS.

Quote:
>Is there someone out there that has the updated Win32API.txt that I
>could get. I looked ALL over MS home page and could not find it.

I've been editing and updating mine since the VB4 beta days.  It bears no resemblance
to those now offered by MS (and won't load in the API Viewer last time I tried,
because that piece o' you-know-what doesn't like the keyword Private), and
undoubtedly still contains some errors, but I'd be happy to e-mail it to you if you'd
like?

Later...   Karl

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Would you Please. I think thats why I have about given up on API, when all along it was
the file.
I  just noticed your email address, I'm still laughing about it  = ; )

Thanks
Kenny

Quote:

> Hi Kenny --

> >My Win32Api.TXT seems to have wrong calls to it.

> Yep, that file was full of errors, as shipped by MS.

> >Is there someone out there that has the updated Win32API.txt that I
> >could get. I looked ALL over MS home page and could not find it.

> I've been editing and updating mine since the VB4 beta days.  It bears no resemblance
> to those now offered by MS (and won't load in the API Viewer last time I tried,
> because that piece o' you-know-what doesn't like the keyword Private), and
> undoubtedly still contains some errors, but I'd be happy to e-mail it to you if you'd
> like?

> Later...   Karl

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Hi Kenny --

Quote:
>Would you Please. I think thats why I have about given up on API, when all along it
was
>the file.

Sure.  I've got my best copy at the office, so will Monday be okay?  I don't think
I've done as much tweaking on the one here.  To be honest, though, it's rare that I
write an app without editing declares.  Just part of the scheme of things, I think.
When my act's together, I update the master file at the same time. <g>

Quote:
>I  just noticed your email address, I'm still laughing about it  = ; )

Heh, this server is a spammer's paradise!  Only recently has MS done anything to keep
their postings off (which is one of the main reasons I've mostly stayed away from
here), but they're still harvesting addresses left and right.  No intent to hide who
I am from anyone but them -- you can always find me at http://www.mvps.org/vb

Later...   Karl

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>

Quote:

> Sure.  I've got my best copy at the office, so will Monday be okay?  I don't think
> I've done as much tweaking on the one here.  To be honest, though, it's rare that I
> write an app without editing declares.  Just part of the scheme of things, I think.
> When my act's together, I update the master file at the same time. <g>

Monday will be fine, Just when ever you have the time. I really do appreciate you time on
this.
Kenny

Quote:

> >I  just noticed your email address, I'm still laughing about it  = ; )

> Heh, this server is a spammer's paradise!  Only recently has MS done anything to keep
> their postings off (which is one of the main reasons I've mostly stayed away from
> here), but they're still harvesting addresses left and right.  No intent to hide who
> I am from anyone but them -- you can always find me at http://www.mvps.org/vb

> Later...   Karl

I have it book marked

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Karl,

If it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate a copy of your version of
Win32API.Txt as well.

--
Robert R. Thele

[Remove NoSpam_ to reply via E-mail]

Quote:

>Hi Kenny --

>>Would you Please. I think thats why I have about given up on API, when all
along it
>was
>>the file.

>Sure.  I've got my best copy at the office, so will Monday be okay?  I don't
think
>I've done as much tweaking on the one here.  To be honest, though, it's rare
that I
>write an app without editing declares.  Just part of the scheme of things, I
think.
>When my act's together, I update the master file at the same time. <g>

>>I  just noticed your email address, I'm still laughing about it  = ; )

>Heh, this server is a spammer's paradise!  Only recently has MS done anything
to keep
>their postings off (which is one of the main reasons I've mostly stayed away
from
>here), but they're still harvesting addresses left and right.  No intent to
hide who
>I am from anyone but them -- you can always find me at http://www.mvps.org/vb

>Later...   Karl

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Sure thing.
Quote:

>Karl,

>If it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate a copy of your version of
>Win32API.Txt as well.

>--
>Robert R. Thele

>[Remove NoSpam_ to reply via E-mail]

>>Hi Kenny --

>>>Would you Please. I think thats why I have about given up on API, when all
>along it
>>was
>>>the file.

>>Sure.  I've got my best copy at the office, so will Monday be okay?  I don't
>think
>>I've done as much tweaking on the one here.  To be honest, though, it's rare
>that I
>>write an app without editing declares.  Just part of the scheme of things, I
>think.
>>When my act's together, I update the master file at the same time. <g>

>>>I  just noticed your email address, I'm still laughing about it  = ; )

>>Heh, this server is a spammer's paradise!  Only recently has MS done anything
>to keep
>>their postings off (which is one of the main reasons I've mostly stayed away
>from
>>here), but they're still harvesting addresses left and right.  No intent to
>hide who
>>I am from anyone but them -- you can always find me at http://www.mvps.org/vb

>>Later...   Karl

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
To avoid appearing to be a "me tooer", why not post it on your website?
(Failing that, me too, please!<g>)

Quote:

--

Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Hi Doug --

Good thought.  But the last thing I want is for anyone to consider it an
authoritative source.  It's a continual "work in progress" at best, of course.  I'll
throw out a link tommorow.

Thanks...   Karl

Quote:

>To avoid appearing to be a "me tooer", why not post it on your website?
>(Failing that, me too, please!<g>)

>> Sure thing.

>> >Karl,

>> >If it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate a copy of your version of
>> >Win32API.Txt as well.

>> >--
>> >Robert R. Thele

>> >[Remove NoSpam_ to reply via E-mail]

>> >along it

>> >think
>> >that I
>> >think.

>> >to keep
>> >from
>> >hide who

>--

>Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
>Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"
>http://webhome.idirect.com/~djsteele/

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Karl,

Quote:
>authoritative source

I, personally, wouldn't consider it anything but "THE Authoritative Source"!!!
<bg>

--
Robert R. Thele

[Remove NoSpam_ to reply via E-mail]

Quote:

>Hi Doug --

>Good thought.  But the last thing I want is for anyone to consider it an
>authoritative source.  It's a continual "work in progress" at best, of course.
I'll
>throw out a link tommorow.

>Thanks...   Karl

>>To avoid appearing to be a "me tooer", why not post it on your website?
>>(Failing that, me too, please!<g>)

>>> Sure thing.

http://www.mvps.org/vb

>>--

>>Beer, Wine and Database Programming.  What could be better?
>>Visit "Doug Steele's Beer and Programming Emporium"
>>http://webhome.idirect.com/~djsteele/

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Couldn't you just put it on your website or post it to this ng ? I
know this is a no-binaries ng, but I suspect a txt-file technically
isn't a binary ;).

Best regards,

Katie.

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
You can download the Win32API text file from Microsoft at this URL.
http://premium.microsoft.com/download/vbasic/win32api.exe

I don't know how up to date it is.  The article was dated 12/97.

-Dave

Quote:

>Karl,

>If it's not too much trouble, I'd really appreciate a copy of your version
of
>Win32API.Txt as well.

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Hi All --

Quote:
>To avoid appearing to be a "me tooer", why not post it on your website?

Posted.  http://www.mvps.org/vb/code/Win32api.zip

If errors are found (and there's no doubt they will be <g>), feel free to let me
know.  At the moment, there are no direct links on the site -- only the
(case-sensitive) one above.

Thanks...   Karl

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Thanks Karl, I just D/L'ed it.
Quote:

> Hi Kenny --

> >My Win32Api.TXT seems to have wrong calls to it.

> Yep, that file was full of errors, as shipped by MS.

> >Is there someone out there that has the updated Win32API.txt that I
> >could get. I looked ALL over MS home page and could not find it.

> I've been editing and updating mine since the VB4 beta days.  It bears no resemblance
> to those now offered by MS (and won't load in the API Viewer last time I tried,
> because that piece o' you-know-what doesn't like the keyword Private), and
> undoubtedly still contains some errors, but I'd be happy to e-mail it to you if you'd
> like?

> Later...   Karl

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>
Cool.  BTW, I just updated this call this morning...

   Private Declare Function GetCommandLine Lib "kernel32" Alias "GetCommandLineW" ()
As Long

Enjoy...   Karl
--
[This space intentionally left blank.]

Quote:

>Thanks Karl, I just D/L'ed it.

>> Hi Kenny --

>> >My Win32Api.TXT seems to have wrong calls to it.

>> Yep, that file was full of errors, as shipped by MS.

>> >Is there someone out there that has the updated Win32API.txt that I
>> >could get. I looked ALL over MS home page and could not find it.

>> I've been editing and updating mine since the VB4 beta days.  It bears no
resemblance
>> to those now offered by MS (and won't load in the API Viewer last time I tried,
>> because that piece o' you-know-what doesn't like the keyword Private), and
>> undoubtedly still contains some errors, but I'd be happy to e-mail it to you if
you'd
>> like?

>> Later...   Karl

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

5. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

6. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

7. <<<Cneck Box>>>

8. <<<Gif Files>>>

9. <<<CD ROM>>>

10. <<<NetWork Drv>>>

11. >>>> WAV file GRAPH <<<<<<<

12. >>>>HELP ME WITH DATEVALUE IN UK FORMAT<<<<<<<