How to create TASK SCHEDULER tasks
Author Message
 How to create TASK SCHEDULER tasks

I know this can be done fairly easy in C with some procided fucntions.
My question is, is it possible in Visualbasic to create new tasks from
within my app.

This is what I had in mind:

My app runs one time (executed manually), it gathers some data, and
based on that data it needs to schedule itself (somehow) to be
executed again at another time and date to get more data.  The only
way I can come up with is through the Windows task Scheduler.  Any
ideas are welcome.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create TASK SCHEDULER tasks

Quote:
>I know this can be done fairly easy in C with some procided fucntions.
>My question is, is it possible in Visualbasic to create new tasks from
>within my app.

Check the Sourcecode section of Edanmo's VB Page at
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo/

Mattias

     VB+ http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/
 Please send questions/replies to the newsgroups

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create TASK SCHEDULER tasks
Thanx for the tip.  Unfortunately this OCX only talks with the Win 95
scheduler.  =/  But it sure was a nice try.  hehehe.  Thanx for
trying!

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:25:52 GMT,

Quote:

>>I know this can be done fairly easy in C with some procided fucntions.
>>My question is, is it possible in Visualbasic to create new tasks from
>>within my app.

>Check the Sourcecode section of Edanmo's VB Page at
>http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo/

>Mattias

>     VB+ http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/
> Please send questions/replies to the newsgroups

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create TASK SCHEDULER tasks

Quote:
>Thanx for the tip.  Unfortunately this OCX only talks with the Win 95 scheduler.  =/

The new Task Scheduler isn't for Windows 95 only. It's installed with
IE4, and can therefore be run on any Windows platform.

If you are looking for the old style NT sheduling, take a look at

http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/winnt.htm#Scheduling

Mattias

     VB+ http://hem.spray.se/mattias.sjogren/
 Please send questions/replies to the newsgroups

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating Tasks in Task scheduler

2. Add a task to task scheduler

3. W2k Task-Scheduler -> find hanging tasks

4. Setting Username and Passwords for a scheduled task in MS Task Scheduler

5. How to add a task into Windows Task Scheduler from VB

6. Adding tasks to WIN95/98 Task Scheduler

7. Adding tasks to WIN95/98 Task Scheduler

8. Creating a job in the Task Scheduler with a VBS script

9. How to Create Task Item in Someone Else's Task Folder

10. Create a Task in the 'Task Scheduler'

11. Create a Task in the 'Task Scheduler'

12. HELP - Does anyone know how to create a new task in the task scheduler with a VBScript?