Access to a window's text
Author Message
 Access to a window's text

If I have a handle to a window, how can I get to the text that is
displayed in that window?

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access to a window's text
Try using the GetWindowText() API.
Quote:

>If I have a handle to a window, how can I get to the text that is
>displayed in that window?

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Access to a window's text

        The GetWindowText API calll will give you the caption of the window,
        don't expect to return the text as if it was the text in the client area
of Notepad....

        Best

Quote:
> If I have a handle to a window, how can I get to the text that is
> displayed in that window?

Mon, 22 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmatic access to 'Project Information' window

2. to get text from another program's window

3. Reading text from another App's Window

4. capturing the text in another program's window

5. can't write to text file in Windows 7

6. Getting contents of another window's text box

7. Writing text in a control's window

8. 'shell'ing a external windows program withoud windows

9. ADO Help doesn't appear (Access 2000, Windows 2000)

10. accessing process id's on windows NT?

11. Help: Getting access to another window's display

12. run Excel's Text Import Wizard from Access