Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic
Author Message
 Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

Hi:

I am in the process of writing a Client / Server application
and have a question about Dial-up Networking.

If a customer using my Client application is using
Dial-up Networking to access the internet, how can
the my Client application detect if a connection has
already been established and if there is no connection
start Dial-up Networking to make a connection via
code?

Thanks in advance

D. P. Mazeall

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic
one of the simplest ways I have found is to simply check for the
"Connected" caption of the DUN connected window. If it is on the window
list then you are connected.

also one of the simplest ways I have found to launch a DUN session is to
create a shortcut to the conneectiod in DUN, then shell the shortcut, then
press the enterkey to connect with sendkeys.

Quote:

> If a customer using my Client application is using
> Dial-up Networking to access the internet, how can
> the my Client application detect if a connection has
> already been established and if there is no connection
> start Dial-up Networking to make a connection via
> code?

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialup Networking using Visual Basic

2. How to call modem (dialup networking) in Visual Basic?

3. Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic

4. how to create Dial up Network through visual basic

5. I need Help with win95/98 Dial-Up Networking and Visual Basic

6. Dialup Networking (RAS) and Visual Basic

7. Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic

8. invoke Dialup Networking Connection with Visual Basic

9. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

10. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

11. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

12. Controlling Dial-Up Networking Under Windows 95 with Visual Basic