How to tell which os an executable is associated?
Author Message
 How to tell which os an executable is associated?

How do you tell which os an executable is associated with in VB 5? I need
to to know whether an application I am launching with CreateProcess is
16-bit or 32-bit...

Regards

Mel

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to tell which os an executable is associated?

Quote:

> How do you tell which os an executable is associated with in VB 5? I need
> to to know whether an application I am launching with CreateProcess is
> 16-bit or 32-bit...

Check out either the GetBinaryType or SHGetFileInfo/SHGFI_EXETYPE
APIs. For a demo on how to use the second, see the SHFileInfo example
on my site...

--
Brad Martinez
http://members.aol.com/btmtz/vb

Visit the new CCRP site at:
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

Please direct questions/replies to the newsgroup.

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to associate Icon with executable

2. Retreiving executable associate with an extension

3. Find executable associated with forewind

4. How to tell OS version

5. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS

6. ActiveX Document Executable, What Am I Missing?

7. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

8. How can I tell if I am connected to the network

9. Will somebody tell me what I am doing wrong with this ListView Control

10. tell another program i am done

11. How to tell if I am connected with PPP

12. English OS to Japanese OS