Displaying system icons....
Author Message
 Displaying system icons....

I am writing a custom message box and would like to draw a system icon on a
form,or make it the picture property of an image control.

At present have looked at WIN API LoadIcon function,which gives icon
handle,but don't know what to do next.Say the system icon,eg, is given by
IDI_ERROR

Any coding ,suggestions appreciated-thanks.

Mike Turner.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:24:06 GMT
 Displaying system icons....

Mike,

Quote:
>At present have looked at WIN API LoadIcon function,which gives icon
>handle,but don't know what to do next.

Either draw it directly on the Form with DrawIcon[Ex] or turn it into
a StdPicture object and put it in a Image control.

Create a VB Picture from an API Icon Handle
http://www.vbaccelerator.com/tips/vba0024.htm

Matt

  CodeHound - Free VB Search Engine
  http://www.codehound.com

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:45:39 GMT
 Displaying system icons....

Thanks very much Matt.

Mike

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:00:01 GMT

1. Displaying System Icons...

2. need to display system icons on custom message box...

3. System Icon to display in Access 2000 Image Control

4. System Icon to display in Access 2000 Image Control

5. removing system tray icon without a icon picture.

6. Display the first Field column that the System Stored procedure calls to display in my Datagrid

7. Display the first Field column that the System Stored procedure calls to display in my Datagrid

8. Adding icons to email systems

9. System tray icon doesn't get updated

10. How to remove Mail icon from system tray?

11. New Mail System Tray Icon

12. Mail rule must deactivate system tray icon