HELP: Integer -> Hex conversion (Overflow)
Author Message
 HELP: Integer -> Hex conversion (Overflow)

I am looking to convert a 20 digit integer to Hex, but I keep getting
an Overflow error.  I am assuming there is a limit to the number of
digits in Hex format or the convesion.  Is there a way around this?
If this involves the use of API, I will need an example as I am not
familiar with the API.

The reason for this is because I have a text field that has a maximum
of 15 characters.  If I converted the 20 digit Int to Hex, it should
fit in nicely.  But the problem above arises.

Even better, if anyone knows how to convert the large number to as
little number of characters (by way of algorithm, etc.) would be even
more valuable.  Then I can use more than a 20 digits!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:03:46 GMT

1. Long = Integer * Integer Overflow error

2. Binary conversion Integer -> String

3. Hex <----> Decimal conversions

4. hex-->dec conversion

5. Urgent Need help converting from Hex to integer

6. hex string -> hex number

7. Hex conversions - HELP

8. double,single,integer >> hexadecimal

9. HEX >> DEC

10. Is there a limit on a integer variable (overflow error)

11. Overflow exceptions when converting from Long to Integer?

12. Integer overflow traps