HOWTO fill in a ListBox or ComboBox
Author Message
 HOWTO fill in a ListBox or ComboBox

I use SendMessage(hwnd,CB_ADDSTRING,0,string var) or
SendMessage(hwnd,LB_ADDSTRING,0,string var) to fill in a ComboBox or a
ListBox. The problem is that I don't get the "strings" I sent but I get
stranger symbols in them.

Does anybody know why? How can i solve?

thanks in advance

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HOWTO fill in a ListBox or ComboBox

Quote:
>I use SendMessage(hwnd,CB_ADDSTRING,0,string var) or
>SendMessage(hwnd,LB_ADDSTRING,0,string var) to fill in a ComboBox or a
>ListBox. The problem is that I don't get the "strings" I sent but I get
>stranger symbols in them.

>Does anybody know why? How can i solve?

>thanks in advance

If you are using the API Viewer declare of SendMessage, make sure you
pass the strings ByVal.

SendMessage(hwnd,CB_ADDSTRING,0&, ByVal stringvar)

Mattias

Mattias "beezo" Sj?gren

http://home1.2.sbbs.se/mattias.sjogren/sw/

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. howto fill a listbox html control ?

2. HOWTO fill a listbox with ENUM type values

3. Using the pipe symbol to fill a listbox or combobox

4. Reference ComboBox item to fill ListBox

5. Fill Listbox with Combobox possible?

6. Filling a ListBox from a ComboBox

7. Filling a Secondary Combobox based on information from a primary combobox

8. Repost: HowTo From field automatically filled

9. HowTo: From field automatically filled when replying

10. HowTo: From field automatically filled when replying

11. Howto dynamically fill a datagrid

12. HOWTO save a filled up form?