GetClassName
Author Message
 GetClassName

I've a process ID from an app(launched with Shell-function). I need the
ClassName of this ID. If I had it, I could get a Handle from FindWindow.
How do I get it ? any ideas ? I tried it with GetClassInfo and ShellExecute
but it does not  work.
Do you know another method ?

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:14:53 GMT
 GetClassName

See Obtaining the hWnd of an Application Started with Shell() at
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/system/shellhwnd.htm . Make the demo to see
it working, then extract and modify the methods to suit.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

Take the vb.net poll at:
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

: I've a process ID from an app(launched with Shell-function). I need the
: ClassName of this ID. If I had it, I could get a Handle from FindWindow.
: How do I get it ? any ideas ? I tried it with GetClassInfo and
ShellExecute
: but it does not  work.
: Do you know another method ?
:
:

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:43:18 GMT
 GetClassName
Yes, it works, but not ever.
Try this method with the Windows Explorer, I get a zero handle.
Can you explain it ?
Thanks,
Wladimir

Quote:

> See Obtaining the hWnd of an Application Started with Shell() at
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/system/shellhwnd.htm . Make the demo to see
> it working, then extract and modify the methods to suit.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic

> Take the vb.net poll at:
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> : I've a process ID from an app(launched with Shell-function). I need the
> : ClassName of this ID. If I had it, I could get a Handle from FindWindow.
> : How do I get it ? any ideas ? I tried it with GetClassInfo and
> ShellExecute
> : but it does not  work.
> : Do you know another method ?
> :
> :

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:56:06 GMT

1. Help! - GetClassName always returns ThunderForm

2. GetClassName help..

3. What is GetClassName used for ?

4. GetClassName API

5. GetClassName: Anybody got an example that works in 32-bit?