No return on SPI_GETSCREENSAVEACTIVE. What gives??
Author Message
 No return on SPI_GETSCREENSAVEACTIVE. What gives??

Thanks for the help on manipulating the screen saver.  Using the set
function works fine - it is easy to enable and disable the screen saver.
However, before I do that, I need to determine if the user had their screen
saver enabled.  According to the knowledge base the following should work.

Dim ScreenSaver As Boolean
Dim SystemReturn As Integer
Const SPI_GETSCREENSAVEACTIVE = 16

SystemReturn = SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETSCREENSAVEACTIVE, 0,
ScreenSaver, 0)

This function is supposed to work with both Windows 95 and NT.  It should
load either true or false into ScreenSaver (depending whether currently
enabled or not) and return a non-zero if the function was successful.  But
it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave Wilhelm

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Returning all file names from given folder directory and all sub-directories

2. Return an array of RGB when given long

3. How to give back RETURN CODES??

4. Function to return CST time given GMT time?

5. Save record at a given place with given criteria

6. problem using component with asp page -- result of function not returned, instead original value returned

7. stored procedures: return codes and return status with rdo

8. Unable to return float, always returning int with ADO, IIS and SQLServer

9. Returning Recordset and Return Value from Command Object

10. ADO SQL Search That Returns 0 Records When it Should Return 1

11. how to print a <return> with response.write, please give me a sample

12. Returning an Enum type occasionally gives "Constant Expression Required"