Get computer name and IP from remote computer
Author Message
 Get computer name and IP from remote computer

    I am now writing a program to connect to remote computers through
dialup network and copying some files back to host.
    The remote computers store the required files in a fixed shared
locations (e.g. Shared Data, \\ComputerName\Shared Data). When the host
connected to the remote computer,
files can be copied by using "FileCopy "\\ComputerName\Shared
Data\Files.dat", "C:\Data\Files.dat".
    Since the command is fixed, but the computer name is changing from
machine to machine. So, I want to ask how to retrieve to name and IP of
the remote computer after the host connected through DUN.
    If connected using NETBEUI,    return computer name
    If connected using TCP/IP, return computer name and/or IP.

Thank you for your attention.

(Please CC a mail to me also)

Mon, 14 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting a computer name from a ip address

2. Getting TCP/IP address from computer name

3. Getting computer name from ip address?

4. Getting the user's logon name and computer name

5. Computers from OU and then IP of those computers

6. Remote access/control of another computer thru TCP/IP or IPX

7. Please,help to get IP address of the remote computer

8. Get Ip of remote computer

9. getting computer ip

10. Getting your computers IP address

11. Getting Remote Computer's Domain

12. Getting the process Ids of a remote computer