Using an AVI file in a project (AVI API Call)
Author Message
 Using an AVI file in a project (AVI API Call)

I'm using an avi file in a project to show a file transfer (filecopy.avi).
The autoplay is set to true and the following code is in form_load:
animation1.open = "c:\filcopy.avi"
This works until I try to add the file to my project as part of my resource
file (or as a related document) and eliminate the path to the file (I want
the file to be part of the project when I distribute the application):
animation1.open "filecopy.avi"
I'm trying to use the loadresdata to load the binary file and I understand
that an API call is required.  I've found the API call to play a WAV file,
but what is the API call for playing a AVI file???

This one is driving me crazy!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using an AVI file in a project (AVI API Call)

Quote:

>I'm trying to use the loadresdata to load the binary file and I understand
>that an API call is required.  I've found the API call to play a WAV file,
>but what is the API call for playing a AVI file???

Mark, the Win32 animation control is brain-dead.  It will only play
resources from the same hInst that created the control.  So if you call the
API to create the Ani control from your exe, then you AVI must be comiled
into that exe - not a DLL, etc...  Also, it won't work in the IDE, only in
the compiled exe.

Karl Peterson has an example that may help you at:
http://www.mvps.org/vb/

AniCtrl.zip or something like that.

Hope this helps,
Ray Mercer

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using the api to show the copy file window, I guess its an avi

2. AVI playing files, using API, (not *.OCX)

3. AVI File in application - 5.avi (0/1)

4. AVI API Calls

5. Avi plaing using API

6. Positioning default AVI viewer using API and Visual Basic5

7. mci* APIs for AVI files

8. Which APIs to get infromations from AVI files ?

9. avi file to be used in vb

10. Playing .avi files in fullscreen using AutoPlay Menu Studio

11. What is used to create an AVI File?????

12. How play .AVI in VB4 using .RES file