using the bitblt api under Windows NT
Author Message
 using the bitblt api under Windows NT

Hi

Is anyone aware of any problems using the bitblt function under NT 4?

every attempt to use it causes VB to generate an overflow error and I can't
see why this is happening

This is the code I am using :

Dim leftpos as Long
Dim toppos as Long
Dim p1Width as Long
Dim p1Height as Long

nResult = BitBlt(Me.hDC, leftpos, toppos, p1Width, p1Height, SrcPic.hDC, 0,
0, &HCC0020)

This works fine under win95 and win98, but not NT 4 or Workstation

Any ideas anyone?

Regards

Chris Priest

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 using the bitblt api under Windows NT
nResult probably has not been declared a double. Visual Basic will
automatically declare variables as the selected default (usually integer
type) if not manually declared. To prevent this from happening, use Option
Explicit at the top of each module. This will force you to make declarations
and prevents problems such as this.
Quote:

>Hi

>Is anyone aware of any problems using the bitblt function under NT 4?

>every attempt to use it causes VB to generate an overflow error and I can't
>see why this is happening

>This is the code I am using :

>Dim leftpos as Long
>Dim toppos as Long
>Dim p1Width as Long
>Dim p1Height as Long

>nResult = BitBlt(Me.hDC, leftpos, toppos, p1Width, p1Height, SrcPic.hDC, 0,
>0, &HCC0020)

>This works fine under win95 and win98, but not NT 4 or Workstation

>Any ideas anyone?

>Regards

>Chris Priest

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. using the bitblt api under Windows NT

2. using the bitblt api under Windows NT

3. Printing .tif files on Win NT using Windows API

4. How to send email using SMTP with Windows API on NT 4.0

5. API Calls in Windows NT as well as Windows 95/98

6. How do I Change the color of a bitmap using API (BITBLT or SetDIBit)

7. Using the bitblt api call?

8. Draging Bitmaps across picturbox using the BitBlt API-call

9. Reg. Bitmap conversion using BitBlt API

10. Reg. Bitmap conversion using BitBlt API

11. Reg. Bitmap conversion using BitBlt API

12. If you are using Windows 95 or Windows NT