Problem with "Open" function
Author Message
 Problem with "Open" function

Hi all. I use such code (VB)

F1 = FreeFile
 Open Src For Binary Access Read As F1

where the Src is a file on the read only folder of another computer, and
receive an error. But no errror, if that folder is full access shared. How
can I open the file for reading on read - only folder? Can I use another
function?

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:41:57 GMT
 Problem with "Open" function
I don't know for sure, but the documentation specifies that if a file
doesn't exist when opened in binary mode it is created. I am guessing this
is why you get an error when trying this on a read only drive. If you
specify Input for the mode it will open the file. If you need binary access
you might try the CreateFile API call.

Hope this helps,
B Holeman

Quote:
> Hi all. I use such code (VB)

> F1 = FreeFile
>  Open Src For Binary Access Read As F1

> where the Src is a file on the read only folder of another computer, and
> receive an error. But no errror, if that folder is full access shared. How
> can I open the file for reading on read - only folder? Can I use another
> function?

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 15:06:58 GMT

1. Problem with "Open" function

2. Problem with "Open" function

3. Problem with "Open" function

4. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

5. DatePart Function "yy" problem

6. "Function address" problem

7. Problems regarding "Round" function

8. I have problem using function "Shell"

9. Problems with the "Now" function

10. Problems with "DIR" function

11. problems with mySQL "floor/ceiling" function

12. "Pure Virtual Function Call" Problem