netshareadd function win95/98
Author Message
 netshareadd function win95/98

Does anyone have an example of the use of the NetShareAdd function in
VB.  Thought I had it sussed but keep getting ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER
(87).

I've successfully used NetShareGetInfo to populate a byte buffer in
Share_Info_50 structure, but even feeding this array back into the
NetShareAdd call returns error 87.

TIA

  PaulDuff.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 netshareadd function win95/98
Chapter 11 of the VB Language Developer's Handbook (info at
http://www.developershandbook.com) contains a wrapper around NetShareAdd
that will handle Win95/Win98/NT4/Win2000. I don't have the CD handy or
anything, but it definitely is possible.

One thing I do remember is that the calls are TOTALLY different between the
two operating system types (Win9x vs. Nt/Win2K).

--
MichKa
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, thats life..."  -- The Verve

random junk of dubious value, at the multilingual,
no scripts required, http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> Does anyone have an example of the use of the NetShareAdd function in
> VB.  Thought I had it sussed but keep getting ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER
> (87).

> I've successfully used NetShareGetInfo to populate a byte buffer in
> Share_Info_50 structure, but even feeding this array back into the
> NetShareAdd call returns error 87.

> TIA

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NetShareAdd in VB (Win95/98)

2. NetShareAdd API under Win95

3. Using NetShareAdd() in Win95/NT...

4. NetShareAdd, Win95 and VB4

5. NetShareAdd in Win95

6. How to register grid16.ocx in win95/98

7. deploying ADO app to Win95/98

8. Win32 API: LoadBitmap on Win95/98

9. deploying ADO app to Win95/98

10. Fonts shipped with NT, Win95/98