Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)
Author Message
 Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)

To develop new cards games without reinventing wheels I'd like to utilize
the functions from CARDS.DLL - is there any documentation?

Wolfgang Schreiber

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:21:08 GMT
 Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:21:08 +0200, "Wolfgang Schreiber"

Quote:

>To develop new cards games without reinventing wheels I'd like to utilize
>the functions from CARDS.DLL - is there any documentation?

Cards.dll is 16-bit, so it's pretty much useless in 32-bit VB. There
is a 32-bit version (Cards32.dll). IIRC it was originally on the CD
with McKinney's "{*filter*}" book, but I think it's now available as a
free download. Check http://www.*-*-*.com/
it has links to most if not all of the {*filter*} stuff.

-Tom
(please post replies to the newsgroup)

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:35:03 GMT
 Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)
Thanks, Tim,

lots of useful stuff, but I couldn't find the description of Cards32.dll
functions.

Wolfgang

Quote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:21:08 +0200, "Wolfgang Schreiber"

> >To develop new cards games without reinventing wheels I'd like to utilize
> >the functions from CARDS.DLL - is there any documentation?

> Cards.dll is 16-bit, so it's pretty much useless in 32-bit VB. There
> is a 32-bit version (Cards32.dll). IIRC it was originally on the CD
> with McKinney's "{*filter*}" book, but I think it's now available as a
> free download. Check http://www.*-*-*.com/
> it has links to most if not all of the {*filter*} stuff.

> -Tom
> (please post replies to the newsgroup)

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:21:13 GMT
 Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)
Wolfgang

See this site

http://www.*-*-*.com/

you want the Cards.zip

regards

Ian

** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

homepage http://www.*-*-*.com/
Tips & Tricks page http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Thanks, Tim,

> lots of useful stuff, but I couldn't find the description of Cards32.dll
> functions.

> Wolfgang

> > On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:21:08 +0200, "Wolfgang Schreiber"

> > >To develop new cards games without reinventing wheels I'd like to
utilize
> > >the functions from CARDS.DLL - is there any documentation?

> > Cards.dll is 16-bit, so it's pretty much useless in 32-bit VB. There
> > is a 32-bit version (Cards32.dll). IIRC it was originally on the CD
> > with McKinney's "{*filter*}" book, but I think it's now available as a
> > free download. Check http://www.*-*-*.com/
> > it has links to most if not all of the {*filter*} stuff.

> > -Tom
> > (please post replies to the newsgroup)

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:26:46 GMT
 Access Playing Cards Images (CARDS.DLL)
On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:21:13 +0200, "Wolfgang Schreiber"
Quote:

>lots of useful stuff, but I couldn't find the description of Cards32.dll
>functions.

I just checked. It's all there in...
Chapter 7:
        Deal Me In
                Card Functions

If you're having trouble getting to it, you might try the web-based
html help format for the contents. The java script version seems a bit
buggy (big surprise).

-Tom
(please post replies to the newsgroup)

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:43:51 GMT

1. Drawing cards from cards.dll?

2. CARDS.BAS - VB Declares for CARDS.DLL

3. Need Images Of Playing Cards!!

4. REQ: Need a 32bit DLL or OCX for Playing cards

5. REQ: Need 32 bit Playing card DLL or OCX

6. playing cards from a DLL???

7. Multiple deck Playing card .dll?

8. How can I get access to a DLL file, for example CARDS.DLL

9. Programming radio card and tv card

10. Sound Card <-> Sound Card Via Data

11. Can Microsoft Cards.dll be accessed?

12. Deck of Playing Cards