*Help* restarting Windows 95/NT
Author Message
 *Help* restarting Windows 95/NT

Hi there,

What do I have to do to make windows 95/NT restart from a programme.
Using the following function

Declare Function ExitWindows Lib "User32" Alias "ExitWindowsEx" _
                 (ByVal dwOptions As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long) As Long

As ExitWindows does not exist in 32 bit, and using all the available
parameters for options eg

Const EWX_LOGOFF = 0
Const EWX_SHUTDOWN = 1
Const EWX_REBOOT = 2
Const EWX_FORCE = 4
Const EWX_POWEROFF = 8

I can only get the task itself to terminate.

Also from the C++ 32 bit compiler, the dwReserved param is 0xFFFFFFFF (32 bit)
but in VB it will only let me go to &HFFFF (16 bit)

Any help would be musch appreciated

Regards

Tim

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shutdown and Restart Windows 95 and NT for VB Script

2. How to Shutdown [and restart] Windows 95 / NT ?

3. How to Shutdown [and restart] Windows 95 / NT ?

4. How to Shutdown [and restart] Windows 95 / NT ?

5. Restarting an NT Server from a Win 95 Client

6. Restarting Windows 95 from a VB App.

7. Restarting Windows 95???

8. Restart Windows 95 from VB

9. Restarting Windows 95 (And Closing all apps automatically)

10. Restarting Windows 3.1, 95?

11. Windows 95 Restart GUI

12. Windows 95 Restart GUI!