how many pages printed?
Author Message
 how many pages printed?

I am trying to find a way of collecting total number of pages sent from
any windows application to  printer(s)
(The printers are networked through a workgroup)

I need to know when a printer(s) has been accessed and how many pages
were printed.

I am using vb4 and have looked through api functions but cannot find
anything that looks likely to work. I have in mind putting a routine on
each work station to collect  the info.
I have not used api's before and would be grateful for any help on
syntax.
Please reply to this newsgroup or ;

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how many pages printed?

Daniel Appleman's latest API book has a section on Printing which discusses
monitoring the print spooler queue, but I haven't tried it.  It might be a
good place to start.

Quote:

> I am trying to find a way of collecting total number of pages sent from
> any windows application to  printer(s)
> (The printers are networked through a workgroup)

> I need to know when a printer(s) has been accessed and how many pages
> were printed.

> I am using vb4 and have looked through api functions but cannot find
> anything that looks likely to work. I have in mind putting a routine on
> each work station to collect  the info.
> I have not used api's before and would be grateful for any help on
> syntax.
> Please reply to this newsgroup or ;

Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Empty page printed after eah page in landscape mode

2. First page prints only report header and page footer

3. Printer.Print prblem (2nd page prints highlighted black)

4. Cancel Page Print/Preview

5. Setting page/print margins with vba

6. Multiple Page Print--Doug Robbins - Word MVP

7. Managing layout / page print possible ?

8. detected the number of page printed

9. JOB_INFO_1 Number of pages printed per document

10. Pb with Multiple Page print

11. Counting pages printed

12. Detecting number of page printed