Outlook / Outlook Express address books
Author Message
 Outlook / Outlook Express address books

I'm trying to write a program in java & one in VB that accesses the contact
books for Outlook and Outlook express.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to perform export and import functions on
each of the contact books.  I know that there are some products that can and
do interact with the Outlook Express address book, so I know it can be done.
I've tried looking on-line, but have not found any information.  Does anyone
have any experiences in doing such a thing, or can you point me in the right
direction?

Many thanx in advance,

Sean Mandel.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:10:54 GMT
 Outlook / Outlook Express address books
Sorry, not exposed the way you would like it to be, for OE.

--
MichKa

random junk of dubious value at the
multilingual http://www.trigeminal.com/ and
a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> I'm trying to write a program in java & one in VB that accesses the
contact
> books for Outlook and Outlook express.

> Specifically, I'd like to be able to perform export and import functions
on
> each of the contact books.  I know that there are some products that can
and
> do interact with the Outlook Express address book, so I know it can be
done.
> I've tried looking on-line, but have not found any information.  Does
anyone
> have any experiences in doing such a thing, or can you point me in the
right
> direction?

> Many thanx in advance,

> Sean Mandel.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:24:18 GMT
 Outlook / Outlook Express address books
I figured OE might not be, what about Outlook 97, 98 or 2K?

Thanx in advance.

Quote:
> Sorry, not exposed the way you would like it to be, for OE.

> --
> MichKa

> random junk of dubious value at the
> multilingual http://www.trigeminal.com/ and
> a new book on internationalization in VB at
> http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

> > I'm trying to write a program in java & one in VB that accesses the
> contact
> > books for Outlook and Outlook express.

> > Specifically, I'd like to be able to perform export and import functions
> on
> > each of the contact books.  I know that there are some products that can
> and
> > do interact with the Outlook Express address book, so I know it can be
> done.
> > I've tried looking on-line, but have not found any information.  Does
> anyone
> > have any experiences in doing such a thing, or can you point me in the
> right
> > direction?

> > Many thanx in advance,

> > Sean Mandel.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:55:31 GMT
 Outlook / Outlook Express address books
I do not see methods in the OM, but fwiw you could look into the MAPI IISAM
that ships with Jet... the 4.0 version will hit the OE address book, too.
:-)

--
MichKa

random junk of dubious value at the
multilingual http://www.trigeminal.com/ and
a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> I figured OE might not be, what about Outlook 97, 98 or 2K?

> Thanx in advance.

wrote

> > Sorry, not exposed the way you would like it to be, for OE.

> > --
> > MichKa

> > random junk of dubious value at the
> > multilingual http://www.trigeminal.com/ and
> > a new book on internationalization in VB at
> > http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

> > > I'm trying to write a program in java & one in VB that accesses the
> > contact
> > > books for Outlook and Outlook express.

> > > Specifically, I'd like to be able to perform export and import
functions
> > on
> > > each of the contact books.  I know that there are some products that
can
> > and
> > > do interact with the Outlook Express address book, so I know it can be
> > done.
> > > I've tried looking on-line, but have not found any information.  Does
> > anyone
> > > have any experiences in doing such a thing, or can you point me in the
> > right
> > > direction?

> > > Many thanx in advance,

> > > Sean Mandel.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 10:47:30 GMT

1. Outlook / Outlook Express address books

2. Outlook / Outlook Express address books

3. MS Outlook & OutLook Express - Address Book

4. : Re: MS Outlook & OutLook Express - Address Book

5. How to access outlook express address book programatically?

6. How can i read outlook express address book (.WAB)

7. Address Book in Outlook Express

8. How to access Outlook Express Address Book?

9. How to access Outlook Express Address Book?

10. Outlook Express Address Book

11. Outlook Express (address book) and scripts ??

12. Exporting to address book in Outlook Express