Activating Windows 98 Default Screen Saver
Author Message
 Activating Windows 98 Default Screen Saver

Does anyone know how to activate the windows 98 default screen saver
with vb5.0???

i know how to do this with win95, but when i ran that code on win98 it
caused an infinite loop trying to make my computer go into stand by
mode...

any help, any where.....?????

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Activating Windows 98 Default Screen Saver
Try

Const WM_SYSCOMMAND = &H112&
Const SC_SCREENSAVE = &HF140&

Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" (ByVal hWnd
as Long, ByVal wMas As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal wParam As Long) As
Long

Call SendMessage(form1.hwnd,  WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE , 0&)

Dave

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to activate the windows 98 default screen saver
>with vb5.0???

>i know how to do this with win95, but when i ran that code on win98 it
>caused an infinite loop trying to make my computer go into stand by
>mode...

>any help, any where.....?????

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Activating Windows 98 Default Screen Saver
Thanx for the advice, however the code below will only work with
windows 95...and very nicely i might add....but when applied to win98
the computer attempts to enter stand by mode.... not exactly what i am
looking 4..... if u have any more idea's ,, i'd love to give them a
try....

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:42:17 -0400, "www.TheScarms.com"

Quote:

>Try

>Const WM_SYSCOMMAND = &H112&
>Const SC_SCREENSAVE = &HF140&

>Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" (ByVal hWnd
>as Long, ByVal wMas As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal wParam As Long) As
>Long

>Call SendMessage(form1.hwnd,  WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE , 0&)

>Dave

>>Does anyone know how to activate the windows 98 default screen saver
>>with vb5.0???

>>i know how to do this with win95, but when i ran that code on win98 it
>>caused an infinite loop trying to make my computer go into stand by
>>mode...

>>any help, any where.....?????

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Activating Windows 98 Default Screen Saver
Chris,

can't you read the default screen saver from the WIN.INI/SYSTEM.INI and then
shell out to that file ?

--
Hope this helps ...

Rene Whitworth
Whitworth Software Solutions - Germany
http://www.w-s-s.de
Please reply to the newsgroup :-)

Quote:
> Thanx for the advice, however the code below will only work with
> windows 95...and very nicely i might add....but when applied to win98
> the computer attempts to enter stand by mode.... not exactly what i am
> looking 4..... if u have any more idea's ,, i'd love to give them a
> try....

> On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:42:17 -0400, "www.TheScarms.com"

> >Try

> >Const WM_SYSCOMMAND = &H112&
> >Const SC_SCREENSAVE = &HF140&

> >Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" (ByVal
hWnd
> >as Long, ByVal wMas As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal wParam As Long)
As
> >Long

> >Call SendMessage(form1.hwnd,  WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE , 0&)

> >Dave

> >>Does anyone know how to activate the windows 98 default screen saver
> >>with vb5.0???

> >>i know how to do this with win95, but when i ran that code on win98 it
> >>caused an infinite loop trying to make my computer go into stand by
> >>mode...

> >>any help, any where.....?????

Fri, 01 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WINDOWS 98 Screen Saver

2. Windows 98 Screen Saver

3. How to set the default printer for Windows 95,98 and NT

4. Activate Screen Saver with VB.Net

5. Activating the Win95 Screen Saver

6. How to activate Screen Saver?

7. Activating screen saver in NT 4.0

8. Activating an OLE Screen Saver

9. Activating the Win95 Screen Saver

10. A message for screen saver activating.

11. activate a screen saver on NT system

12. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem