Specify an initial folder for the Browse for folder dialog
Author Message
 Specify an initial folder for the Browse for folder dialog

Hi everybody,

I am Dave.

I am developing an application that shows the broese for folder dialog, and
I want to specify an initial folder. Anybody knows how to do this?

Please..
Dave

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Specify an initial folder for the Browse for folder dialog
Dave,
See VBnet for a Callback routine written by Brad Martinez
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ or use the free browse control
available at ccrp http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/ also developed
by Brad Martinez
Neila
Quote:

>Hi everybody,

>I am Dave.

>I am developing an application that shows the broese for folder dialog, and
>I want to specify an initial folder. Anybody knows how to do this?

>Please..
>Dave

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Specify an initial folder for the Browse for folder dialog
Dave,
You need to convert the path to a PIDL.
Bruce McKinney shows how to do this in FoldTools.bas which is on the CD for
{*filter*} Visual Basic 5.0 (pub. Microsoft Press).  This is a great book and
highly recommended for learning how to access the WinAPI from VB5.

HTH,
Ray Mercer

Quote:

>Hi everybody,

>I am Dave.

>I am developing an application that shows the broese for folder dialog, and
>I want to specify an initial folder. Anybody knows how to do this?

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Browse for folder : specify root folder ?

2. Build XML of folders, sub folders and files from specified folder

3. Specify initial folder when using SHBrowseForFolder?

4. Restrict Windows File Dialog to Initial Folder?

5. Start DIRECTORY (FOLDER) for the Browse Folder function

6. folder browsing - create folder problem

7. instead of using browse for folder, how can u put those virtual folder into a co

8. "Browse for Folder" Dialog Box

9. browse for folder dialog in VBA

10. How to create a custom browse for Folder dialog

11. Browse For Folder Dialog Box

12. VB.NET Browse Folder Dialog