Finding programs running on task bar
Author Message
 Finding programs running on task bar

Can anyone tell me how to find a list of all running programs (VB or
otherwise) that are on the Task Bar but NOT in the system tray and NOT
being run as background processes?.

I want to fill a Combo box with the titles of each program, so I have a
routine that uses the FindWindow API (using findfirst/findnext
parameters etc) and from the resulting hWnd's I can get the titles but
this returns every thread there is. I only want the programs on the Task
bar whether they are Minimised, maximised or normal.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks
--
Chris Betts

Wed, 13 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. get task list of programs running using api (Error File not found)

2. Program ID does not appear in Task Bar and Task List

3. Minimize Program to right corner of task bar?

4. How to make my open program on the task bar blinking

5. Icon program in the task bar

6. Program not on Task Bar or Alt-Tab List

7. Making a program dock to icon area in task bar

8. How to program performance task bar?

9. How to restore/maximise a program on task bar using PostMessage

10. Having program show up in system tray instead of task bar

11. program remains in task bar

12. Disable task bar & task switching