A WEIRD, really weird question!
Author Message
 A WEIRD, really weird question!

Can any body tell me how to use VB to query hardware components, like chips
on a board
to find out what their manufacturing info is?  I'm trying to work out a
diagnostics type app and I'd like
to find out basic info about chips and stuff on a board....  I realize VB
isnt exactly geared
towards this sort of thing, but had to ask... thanks for any info you can
provide.

Sat, 01 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 A WEIRD, really weird question!

Hi Adams,

You can get some of  the system information by using API calls. I am
providing you with some links, where full code is available.

If you are using 16 or 32 bit VB 4.0 then visit the following site.

http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q147/8/86.htm

If you are using VB 5.0 then visit the following site.

http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q161/1/51.htm

If you can't get to those sites, let me know, I will send you the articles.

Please let me know whether it helped you or not.

Regards,
K. N.  Vyas
Aditi Corp.

http://www.aditi.com
Visit our VB FAQ page at http://www.aditi.com/knowledge/vb/index.html
We are waiting for your valuable feedback regarding this page.

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. A REALLY WEIRD LOCKUP QUESTION

2. A REALLY WEIRD question

3. Really weird RPC error problem - any ideas???

4. Really weird bug...

5. really weird behavior with NUMLOCK

6. Really weird problem with ssTabControl

7. *really* weird problem

8. Error 3218 - This One Is Really Weird

9. Something really weird is happening!?!

10. Weird Question + 1

11. Weird Question

12. weird question - november