Form that won't close
Author Message
 Form that won't close

I have a form that will not release from memory from time to time.  98%
of the time the unload FORM and set FORM = nothing works fine.  But
every so often I'll check to see if it did release by using forms.count
and .name and its still there and no matter how many times I unload and
set the form = nothing, it's still there.  What do I look for that
occasionally keeps that form in memory and not release?

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Form that won't close

At a guess I would say you still have a reference to the form.  VB only
releases the resources once there are no references to an object.
Put a STOP in Form_Terminate, if this code isn't being run then you
definitely have another reference to the form somewhere (put some debug
code in Form_Initialize to see where the form is initialized)

Shane.

Quote:

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Form that won't close

I am having a similiar problem. Crawford - note that the second you
reference the form.name, it _loads_.  I have an object (packaged as a
DLL) that, when instantiated, loads a form (which contains a timer and a
comm control).  When I call my shutdown method, I disable the comm
control and the timer and unload the form (forms.count = 0), then I set
all references to Nothing (private module wide variables in the form are
reset/freed), but I still don't get a form terminate event... what else
am I missing?

-Dave

Quote:

> At a guess I would say you still have a reference to the form.  VB only
> releases the resources once there are no references to an object.
> Put a STOP in Form_Terminate, if this code isn't being run then you
> definitely have another reference to the form somewhere (put some debug
> code in Form_Initialize to see where the form is initialized)

> Shane.

Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tip : VB.NET Form Won't Close on Me.Close + User Controls

2. Access form won't close using VBA

3. Form Won't close

4. Access '97 won't close

5. Two Q's [Closing a file][why won't work]

6. Access won't close

7. Access won't close

8. A97 Won't Close down

9. API code won't close Access instance