HELP: Adding Icon to SysTray after Log Off for service app
Author Message
 HELP: Adding Icon to SysTray after Log Off for service app

I'm writing a small program to shut down Win95/98 at specific times each
night.  I'm using the Shell_NotifyIcon API call to place an icon in the
system tray so I don't have to have a standard button on the taskbar.  My
only problem is that when I log off and log back on, the icon is no longer
in the systray.  I've read about just using a timer to continuously call the
Shell_NotifyIcon function to replace the icon, but I don't want to have to
do that since it eats CPU cycles, even though not many; the people above me
want this to take as little processor usage as possible.

Is there a way I can poll Windows to see if the user has logged off or
logged back on.  The ideal situation would be for me to intercept a message
that is sent when the Explorer shell starts up, but I don't know how to
intercept the message and then pass it on to its intended destination, or
what message(s) to listen for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Austin Miller

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how do i make the menu off a systray icon

2. Systray Icon, Hotkey and Loging Off

3. How To Close Registered Service as User Logs Off

4. Are resources still valid for an NT service after user logs off

5. Problems adding an Icon to systray

6. Unload a Systray icon make the app crash

7. Adding icons to win 95 systray in VB6

8. adding/removing systray icons with windows scripting host.

9. Problems adding an Icon into the systray (Error 453)

10. (Q) Dynamically add right-click options to Systray icon

11. Solution: Preventing Windows from closing my VB app on log off

12. SysTray Advanced ( not basic icon 2 systray stuff )