Short File Name to Long File Name
Author Message
 Short File Name to Long File Name

I need to know the name of the Windows Api that returns me the long path
name of a file.
Thank you

--
HOTEL ERDARELLI
Address : Via dei due macelli, 28 (Roma)

Phone   : 0039-6-6791265
Fax     : 0039-6-6790705

Sat, 14 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Short File Name to Long File Name

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:53:02 +0100, Hotel Erdarelli

Quote:

>I need to know the name of the Windows Api that returns me the long path
>name of a file.
GetShortPathName
>Thank you

You're welcome

--

Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Short File Name to Long File Name

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:08:26 GMT,

Quote:

>On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:53:02 +0100, Hotel Erdarelli

>>I need to know the name of the Windows Api that returns me the long path
>>name of a file.
>GetShortPathName

Sorry, I wanted to say GetLongPathName of course...:-)

Quote:

--

Wed, 18 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Short File Name to Long File Name

Are you sure that you want the API, dir does this.
longfilename = dir("filename",16)

Quote:
> I need to know the name of the Windows Api that returns me the long path
> name of a file.
> Thank you

> --
> HOTEL ERDARELLI
> Address : Via dei due macelli, 28 (Roma)
> Zip Code: 00187
> Web Page: http://www.italyhotel.com/roma/erdarelli/erdarelli.html

> Phone   : 0039-6-6791265
> Fax     : 0039-6-6790705

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get Short File Name from Long File Name?

2. Getting short file name from long file name:

3. Get long file name from short file name

4. Long File Names and Short File Names

5. Long file names to short file name

6. Converting Long File Names to Short File Names

7. long file names to short file name

8. How to convert long file names to short file names

9. Api function to convert Long File Names To Short Dos File Names

10. Long File Names and Short File Names

11. Can't Get full File name for Long file names

12. 8.3 file name to Long file name