Re-Starting an app
Author Message
 Re-Starting an app

Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
does?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re-Starting an app
Yep!
You've to write something in the registry at
or at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HTH,
Pieter Philippaerts
http://users.turboline.be/btl10148/

Stevie Howard heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
>does?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re-Starting an app
Stevie,

I think a few more details are required!  You can prevent your application
from closing by trapping on the Form_QueryUnload Event.  You can force your
program to start up when windows starts by putting it in the start-up
directory.

Regardsm

Peter

Quote:

>Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
>does?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re-Starting an app
Let me elaborate...
I need to be able allow the user to make changes which will require my
app to restart.  At present the user is told that the app is closing
and s/he has to restart manually.
If possible I would like to automate this restarting process - not in
windows start - up, just when I tell it to.

ANy way??

Quote:

>Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
>does?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re-Starting an app
Stevie, how about the following:

http://www.ppdonline.com/demos/restart.htm

HOWTO: Programmatically Restart or Log Off a Computer
Article ID: Q168796
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q168/7/96.asp?FR=0

HOWTO: Shutdown Windows NT, Windows 95, and 98 from VB Code
Article ID: Q161136
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/1/36.asp?FR=0

PRB: ExitWindowsEx API Does Not Reboot Windows NT
Article ID: Q176695
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/6/95.asp?FR=0

'-----------
galen

Quote:
>Let me elaborate...
>I need to be able allow the user to make changes which will require my
>app to restart.  At present the user is told that the app is closing
>and s/he has to restart manually.
>If possible I would like to automate this restarting process - not in
>windows start - up, just when I tell it to.

>ANy way??

>>Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
>>does?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re-Starting an app
Stevie,

Perhaps the easiest way would be for your application to start up a second
instance of itself (using the Shell command) and then unload itself.

HTH

Peter

Quote:

>Let me elaborate...
>I need to be able allow the user to make changes which will require my
>app to restart.  At present the user is told that the app is closing
>and s/he has to restart manually.
>If possible I would like to automate this restarting process - not in
>windows start - up, just when I tell it to.

>ANy way??

>>Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
>>does?

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Re-Starting an app
Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks, Peter :)

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 05:57:43 -0000, "Peter Beach"

Quote:

>Stevie,

>Perhaps the easiest way would be for your application to start up a second
>instance of itself (using the Shell command) and then unload itself.

>HTH

>Peter

>>Let me elaborate...
>>I need to be able allow the user to make changes which will require my
>>app to restart.  At present the user is told that the app is closing
>>and s/he has to restart manually.
>>If possible I would like to automate this restarting process - not in
>>windows start - up, just when I tell it to.

>>ANy way??

>>>Can I restart my app automatically, similar to the way that windows
>>>does?

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. starting vb app when another programme starts

2. Starting another app within app??

3. How kill and restart an app ?

4. starting new apps from access

5. Starting another app in my form

6. Start an app after installation (P&D Wizard)

7. Starting an app...

8. Problem with Starting another App

9. starting an app from within vb

10. Probs with redirecting output of a shell started DOS-App to a file

11. CommonDialog - How do I start in app dir ??

12. Start VB app with switch