Adding icons to menus 
Author Message
 Adding icons to menus

Hi,

Anyone know of a simple way to add icons to menus created with the
menu-editor ?

Thanks,
Bj?rn



Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Adding icons to menus
Check out the code at http://www.vbaccelerator.com

--
Andrew Grillage
__________________

Quote:

> Hi,

> Anyone know of a simple way to add icons to menus created with the
> menu-editor ?

> Thanks,
> Bj?rn



Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Adding icons to menus
Thanks Andrew, but I would really like to do it "by hand", there's enough
extra load of OCX, dll, etc... one has to carry with VB anyway, adding one
more is not my first option.


Quote:
> Check out the code at http://www.vbaccelerator.com

> --
> Andrew Grillage
> __________________




Quote:
> > Hi,

> > Anyone know of a simple way to add icons to menus created with the
> > menu-editor ?

> > Thanks,
> > Bj?rn



Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Adding icons to menus
Quote:
> Thanks Andrew, but I would really like to do it "by hand", there's enough
> extra load of OCX, dll, etc... one has to carry with VB anyway, adding one
> more is not my first option.

If you want a bare-bones sample of icon menus, you can look at the code on
my Web site - in the Menu section of the Source Code area.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Visual Basic Thunder
http://www.vbthunder.com
Please keep your programming questions on the newsgroups.



Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Adding icons to menus
Ben,

Impressive piece of coding, impressive website !

It seems to me MS should provide the same functionality in VB as in Office
for easy assigning of icons to the menu.

Thanks Ben,
Bj?rn


Quote:
> > Thanks Andrew, but I would really like to do it "by hand", there's
enough
> > extra load of OCX, dll, etc... one has to carry with VB anyway, adding
one
> > more is not my first option.

> If you want a bare-bones sample of icon menus, you can look at the code on
> my Web site - in the Menu section of the Source Code area.

> --
> Ben Baird, MVP
> Visual Basic Thunder
> http://www.vbthunder.com
> Please keep your programming questions on the newsgroups.



Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Adding icons to menus
Bjorn,

All the stuff at the site I mentioned is available as source code. There is
no need to add extra ocx files. I am with you on not wanting that.

--
Andrew Grillage
__________________

Quote:

> Ben,

> Impressive piece of coding, impressive website !

> It seems to me MS should provide the same functionality in VB as in Office
> for easy assigning of icons to the menu.

> Thanks Ben,
> Bj?rn



> > > Thanks Andrew, but I would really like to do it "by hand", there's
> enough
> > > extra load of OCX, dll, etc... one has to carry with VB anyway, adding
> one
> > > more is not my first option.

> > If you want a bare-bones sample of icon menus, you can look at the code
on
> > my Web site - in the Menu section of the Source Code area.

> > --
> > Ben Baird, MVP
> > Visual Basic Thunder
> > http://www.vbthunder.com
> > Please keep your programming questions on the newsgroups.



Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Adding icons to menus

Quote:

>Ben,

>Impressive piece of coding, impressive website !

>It seems to me MS should provide the same functionality in VB as in Office
>for easy assigning of icons to the menu.

Heh... great... add another 500k to the runtime.

Quote:
>Thanks Ben,
>Bj?rn



>> > Thanks Andrew, but I would really like to do it "by hand", there's
>enough
>> > extra load of OCX, dll, etc... one has to carry with VB anyway, adding
>one
>> > more is not my first option.

>> If you want a bare-bones sample of icon menus, you can look at the code on
>> my Web site - in the Menu section of the Source Code area.

>> --
>> Ben Baird, MVP
>> Visual Basic Thunder
>> http://www.vbthunder.com
>> Please keep your programming questions on the newsgroups.

--
Never underestimate the power of stupid people on large groups.


Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Can I add icon to menu.

2. Add Icon in menu

3. Add icon to menu

4. Add icon to menu

5. add icons to menu

6. Adding Icons to Menus?

7. How to add Icon to menu item

8. Adding icons to Menus????

9. Adding Icons to Menus and Listboxes

10. add icons to menu items

11. Adding Icons to Menus

12. Adding icons to menu using SetMenuItemBitmaps

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software