HELP NetShareAdd function
Author Message
 HELP NetShareAdd function

I'm trying to share directories by software. (Visual Basic). I'm looking
for an example of use of the NetShareAdd function under Visual Basic
5.0. I know the C declaration of this function but I have some problems
to translate it in Visual Basic.
here is the C declaration:

********************** BEGINING OF DOCUMENTATION ***********************

        NET_API_STATUS NetShareAdd(
        LPTSTR servername,
        DWORD level,LPBYTE buf,
        LPDWORD parm_err
        );

Parameters :
servername
Pointer to a Unicode string containing the name of the remote server on
which the function is to execute. A NULL poiunter or string specifies
the local computer.

level
Specifies one of the following values to set the level of information
provided.
Value meaning :
2  The buf parameter points to an array of SHARE_INFO_2 structures
502  The buf parameter points to an array of SHARE_INFO_502 structures

buf
Pointer to the buffer in which the data set with the level parameter is
stored.

parm_err
Optional pointer to a DWORD that contains the index of the first
parameter that causes ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER. If NULL, the parameter is
not returned on error.

RETURN VALUES:
If successfull, the return value is NERR_Success (0)
If the function fails :
ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED (5)
ERROR_INVALID_LEVEL (&H124)
ERROR_INVALID_NAME (&H123)
ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER (87)
NERR_Duplicate_Share (2118)
NERR_Redirected_Path (2117)

NOTES ON DECLARATION OF SHARE_INFO_2 STRUCTURE :
        typedef struct _SHARE_INFO_2 {
                LPTSTR  shi2_netname;
                DWORD   shi2_type;
                LPTSTR  shi2_remark;
                DWORD   shi2_permissions;
                DWORD   shi2_max_uses;
                DWORD   shi2_current_uses;
                LPTSTR  shi2_path;
                LPTSTR  shi2_passwd;
        }SHARE_INFO_2 *PSHARE_INFO_2, *LPSHARE_INFO_2;
Members
shi2_name :
A unicode string containing the sharename of the ressource.
shi2_type :
This member can be one of the following types:
        STYPE_DISKTREE  Disk drive
        STYPE_PRINTQ  Print queue
        STYPE_DEVICE  Communication device
        STYPE_IPC  Introprocess communication
shi2_remark:
String of remark
shi2_permissions
Value needed (for me) ACCESS_ALL  (I think that the value is &HB700)
shi2_max_uses
maximum number of concurrent connections (unlimited if = -1)
shi2_current_uses
Number of current connections to the resource
shi2_path
points to a Unicode string containing the local path for the shared
resource.
shi2_passwd :
Specifies the share's password (when the server is running with
share-level security). If the server is running with user-level security
shi2_passwd is ignored. The shi2_passwd member can be no longer than
SHPWLEN +1 bytes (including a terminating null character)

********************** END OF DOCUMENTATION ***********************

Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NetShareAdd function

2. NetShareAdd function