Listbox Text Wrap Functionality
Author Message
 Listbox Text Wrap Functionality

I want to upgrade a completed VBA-MSWord project which uses a ListBox to
display subsets of 1000 long sentences or short paragraphs (approx 200-1000
characters). This information is loaded from a textfile because I want
Macintosh platform functionality. Everything works very well except for the
user interface: users can only see the first 200 characters of the text in
the list, then they have to use the horizontal scrollbar. Kind of annoying
when you have to examine a number of paragraphs!

I have looked at using ListView control -- it offers text wrapping, but only
for icon and small icon views.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've used a few API calls, but I can't find
anything about ListBox text wraps.

A different control? A purchasable control? I'm willing to sacrifice my Mac
users for better Windows functionality. It's a MS tradition! :-)

Thanks for any and all help.

Ernest Gunn
Monroe Township Schools

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:05:24 GMT
 Listbox Text Wrap Functionality
Answered in another group... Please post your question to all groups at once
(like sending mail to many) so all answers show up in all groups targetted.

Quote:
> I want to upgrade a completed VBA-MSWord project which uses a ListBox to
> display subsets of 1000 long sentences or short paragraphs (approx
200-1000
> characters). This information is loaded from a textfile because I want
> Macintosh platform functionality. Everything works very well except for
the
> user interface: users can only see the first 200 characters of the text in
> the list, then they have to use the horizontal scrollbar. Kind of annoying
> when you have to examine a number of paragraphs!

> I have looked at using ListView control -- it offers text wrapping, but
only
> for icon and small icon views.

> Does anyone have any ideas? I've used a few API calls, but I can't find
> anything about ListBox text wraps.

> A different control? A purchasable control? I'm willing to sacrifice my
Mac
> users for better Windows functionality. It's a MS tradition! :-)

> Thanks for any and all help.

> Ernest Gunn
> Monroe Township Schools

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 00:36:32 GMT
 Listbox Text Wrap Functionality

Quote:
>Answered in another group...

May I ask which?
--
---------------------
mushhead (name changed to protect innocent parties :o)
Answered in another group... Please post your question to all groups at once
(like sending mail to many) so all answers show up in all groups targetted.

Quote:
> I want to upgrade a completed VBA-MSWord project which uses a ListBox to
> display subsets of 1000 long sentences or short paragraphs (approx
200-1000
> characters). This information is loaded from a textfile because I want
> Macintosh platform functionality. Everything works very well except for
the
> user interface: users can only see the first 200 characters of the text in
> the list, then they have to use the horizontal scrollbar. Kind of annoying
> when you have to examine a number of paragraphs!

> I have looked at using ListView control -- it offers text wrapping, but
only
> for icon and small icon views.

> Does anyone have any ideas? I've used a few API calls, but I can't find
> anything about ListBox text wraps.

> A different control? A purchasable control? I'm willing to sacrifice my
Mac
> users for better Windows functionality. It's a MS tradition! :-)

> Thanks for any and all help.

> Ernest Gunn
> Monroe Township Schools

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:35:33 GMT
 Listbox Text Wrap Functionality
See:

MultiLine ListBox
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo/scripts/cod/default.asp?page=ctl

Quote:
> >Answered in another group...

> May I ask which?
> --
> ---------------------
> mushhead (name changed to protect innocent parties :o)
> ---------------------
> chocoba65 at hotmail dot com
> ---------------------

Quote:
> Answered in another group... Please post your question to all groups at
once
> (like sending mail to many) so all answers show up in all groups
targetted.

> > I want to upgrade a completed VBA-MSWord project which uses a ListBox to
> > display subsets of 1000 long sentences or short paragraphs (approx
> 200-1000
> > characters). This information is loaded from a textfile because I want
> > Macintosh platform functionality. Everything works very well except for
> the
> > user interface: users can only see the first 200 characters of the text
in
> > the list, then they have to use the horizontal scrollbar. Kind of
annoying
> > when you have to examine a number of paragraphs!

> > I have looked at using ListView control -- it offers text wrapping, but
> only
> > for icon and small icon views.

> > Does anyone have any ideas? I've used a few API calls, but I can't find
> > anything about ListBox text wraps.

> > A different control? A purchasable control? I'm willing to sacrifice my
> Mac
> > users for better Windows functionality. It's a MS tradition! :-)

> > Thanks for any and all help.

> > Ernest Gunn
> > Monroe Township Schools

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:40:00 GMT

1. Listbox Text Wrapping

2. Text Wrapping in a ListBox

3. ListBox Wrapping Text

4. ListBox Text Wrapping

5. DBGrid text wrap - won't stay wrapped!

6. Write contents of listbox to text file/populate listbox from text file

7. Text field size, or text wrapping

8. Multiple Text lines with text wrap to fit the textbox size

9. Wrapping text around a bmp image in the rich text editor

10. Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box

11. Wrapping Text in a Text Box

12. auto expand/type-ahead functionality in a listbox-type control