Kill App in Windows 9x
Author Message
 Kill App in Windows 9x

I want to Kill an application with vb code using Appi Windows,
can you Help me please !

Thanks In Advance
Henrique Vidal

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Kill App in Windows 9x
You need to use SendMessage along with the hwnd (myHwnd below) of the window
you want to close.

Public Declare Function SendMessage Lib "user32" Alias "SendMessageA" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal wMsg As Long, ByVal wParam As Long, ByVal lParam
As Any) As Long

Public Const WM_CLOSE = &H10

Call SendMessage(myHwnd, WM_CLOSE, 0&, ByVal 0&)

Quote:
> I want to Kill an application with vb code using Appi Windows,
> can you Help me please !

> Thanks In Advance
> Henrique Vidal

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Kill App in Windows 9x
www.planetsourcecode.com

do a search on "kill app" and you will find some nice code for this.
=)

Quote:
>I want to Kill an application with vb code using Appi Windows,
>can you Help me please !

>Thanks In Advance
>Henrique Vidal

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Kill App in Windows 9x
You can use the TerminateProcess API call for this. You need the window
handle. It helps to have used CreateProcess to have opened the window. You
can also use PostMessage and the constant WM_CLOSE, if you first give the
"soon-to-be-terminated" window the focus using SetFocusAPI.

Quote:
> I want to Kill an application with vb code using Appi Windows,
> can you Help me please !

> Thanks In Advance
> Henrique Vidal

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with app prioties in 9x.

2. Windows 9x Registry

3. Windows 9x Start Button look a like

4. Shutdown Windows 9x in VB3?

5. Dll Windows 9x

6. how to change login domain on windows 9x client

7. RegObj.dll and Windows 9x

8. List of ActiveX automation objects for Windows 9x?

9. CDO In Windows 9x

10. Strange file problem windows 9x, not NT

11. GDI messed up on intensive blitting on Windows 9X

12. Calling shell32 to shutdown windows 9x