Modifying printer parameters such as paper size in control panel
Author Message
 Modifying printer parameters such as paper size in control panel

Within my VB code I need to change some of the settings of a particular
printer.  Obviously I have access to the Printer Object, but changing the
settings in this is like a temporary modification for the duration of the VB
program.  What I really need to do is make the changes so they are reflected
permanently in the printer (so if you go into the control panel you can see
the settings).

All I want to do is set a custom paper size, so that my customer doesn't
have to do it manually.  There are a lot of reasons why the printer object
'temporary' modifications won't work, which I won't go into.  Is there any
way I can modify a printer so that the changes are reflected in the control
panel?

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:39:44 GMT
 Modifying printer parameters such as paper size in control panel
There is an article here which might help:
Quote:

> Within my VB code I need to change some of the settings of a particular
> printer.  Obviously I have access to the Printer Object, but changing the
> settings in this is like a temporary modification for the duration of the
VB
> program.  What I really need to do is make the changes so they are
reflected
> permanently in the printer (so if you go into the control panel you can
see
> the settings).

> All I want to do is set a custom paper size, so that my customer doesn't
> have to do it manually.  There are a lot of reasons why the printer object
> 'temporary' modifications won't work, which I won't go into.  Is there any
> way I can modify a printer so that the changes are reflected in the
control
> panel?

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:15:33 GMT
 Modifying printer parameters such as paper size in control panel
There is an article here which might help:

http://www.themestream.com/articles/297599

Tony

Quote:

> Within my VB code I need to change some of the settings of a particular
> printer.  Obviously I have access to the Printer Object, but changing the
> settings in this is like a temporary modification for the duration of the
VB
> program.  What I really need to do is make the changes so they are
reflected
> permanently in the printer (so if you go into the control panel you can
see
> the settings).

> All I want to do is set a custom paper size, so that my customer doesn't
> have to do it manually.  There are a lot of reasons why the printer object
> 'temporary' modifications won't work, which I won't go into.  Is there any
> way I can modify a printer so that the changes are reflected in the
control
> panel?

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:16:14 GMT

1. How I Can Change Default Printer Parameters Like PAPER SIZE from Vb

2. How to define a PAPER SIZE to PRINTER ????

3. How to define a PAPER SIZE to PRINTER ????

4. Changing printer paper size with VB 6sp5

5. Paper size from a printer

6. How to define a PAPER SIZE to PRINTER ????

7. Printer Paper size

8. Resetting paper size for Printer device

9. Printer paper size and orientation

10. printer.scaleWidth not updatd after user changes paper size

11. Changing paper size from printer setup dialog

12. Printer paper size limits