Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
Author Message
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent

I in Access 2.0 use Api's and work fine, when i convert to access 97 dont.
Some functions in 16 Bit's don't exist in 32 bit's, what are the
equivalenci?

Sorry my english

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
You have to be a bit more specific... like what declares are
you having trouble with. No one is going to list thousands
of APIs here.

Michael

Quote:
> I in Access 2.0 use Api's and work fine, when i convert to
access 97 dont.
> Some functions in 16 Bit's don't exist in 32 bit's, what
are the
> equivalenci?

> Sorry my english

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
This are the declares i need:

Declare Function GetProfileString Lib "Kernel" (ByVal AppName$, ByVal
KeyName$, ByVal Default$, ByVal RetStr$, ByVal nSize%) As Integer

Declare Function CreateDOC Lib "GDI" Alias "CreateDC" (ByVal lpDriverName$,
ByVal lpDeviceName$, ByVal lpOutPut$, x&) As Integer

Declare Function DeleteDC Lib "GDI" (ByVal hdc As Integer) As Integer

Declare Function OpenJob Lib "GDI" (ByVal lpDriverName$, ByVal
lpDeviceName$, ByVal LpHdc%) As Integer

Declare Function StartSpoolPage Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%) As Integer

Declare Function EndSpoolPage Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%) As Integer

Declare Function WriteSpool Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%, ByVal lpString As
String, ByVal nCount%) As Integer

Declare Function CloseJob Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%) As Integer

Declare Function DeleteSpoolPage Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%) As Integer

Declare Sub AnsiToOemBuff Lib "Keyboard" (ByVal lpAnsiStr$, ByVal lpOemStr$,
ByVal nLength%)

Some are equal only change for exemple GDI to GDI32 but the other's....

Thank's

Quote:
> You have to be a bit more specific... like what declares are
> you having trouble with. No one is going to list thousands
> of APIs here.

> Michael

> > I in Access 2.0 use Api's and work fine, when i convert to
> access 97 dont.
> > Some functions in 16 Bit's don't exist in 32 bit's, what
> are the
> > equivalenci?

> > Sorry my english

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
Have you looked in the API Viewer that comes with both VB
and with the ADT/ODE? I am fairly certain most of these
declares are there.

Michael

P.S. Please don't e-mail-cc me with your response..... if I
know the answer I will answer it here.... :-)

Quote:
> This are the declares i need:

> Declare Function GetProfileString Lib "Kernel" (ByVal
AppName$, ByVal
> KeyName$, ByVal Default$, ByVal RetStr$, ByVal nSize%) As
Integer

> Declare Function CreateDOC Lib "GDI" Alias "CreateDC"

(ByVal lpDriverName$,
Quote:
> ByVal lpDeviceName$, ByVal lpOutPut$, x&) As Integer

> Declare Function DeleteDC Lib "GDI" (ByVal hdc As Integer)
As Integer

> Declare Function OpenJob Lib "GDI" (ByVal lpDriverName$,
ByVal
> lpDeviceName$, ByVal LpHdc%) As Integer

> Declare Function StartSpoolPage Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%)
As Integer

> Declare Function EndSpoolPage Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%) As
Integer

> Declare Function WriteSpool Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%, ByVal
lpString As
> String, ByVal nCount%) As Integer

> Declare Function CloseJob Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%) As
Integer

> Declare Function DeleteSpoolPage Lib "GDI" (ByVal HPJOB%)
As Integer

> Declare Sub AnsiToOemBuff Lib "Keyboard" (ByVal

lpAnsiStr$, ByVal lpOemStr$,

> ByVal nLength%)

> Some are equal only change for exemple GDI to GDI32 but
the other's....

> Thank's

in message

> > You have to be a bit more specific... like what declares
are
> > you having trouble with. No one is going to list
thousands
> > of APIs here.

> > Michael

> > > I in Access 2.0 use Api's and work fine, when i
convert to
> > access 97 dont.
> > > Some functions in 16 Bit's don't exist in 32 bit's,
what
> > are the
> > > equivalenci?

> > > Sorry my english

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
The CreateDOC; OpenJob; StartSpoolPage;EndSpoolPage;WriteSpool; CloseJob;
DeleteSpoolPage and AnsiToOemBuff, declare i can't find there...

GetProfileString and DeleteDc are there
Thanks

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
Lets see....

CreateDOC looks like a typo; there is no such API. I assume
you mean CreateDC, which is in the API viewer.

AnsiToOemBuff is obsolete, you should call CharToOemBuff
instead, it too is in the api viewer.

The other functions I believe are obsolete as well. the
following is from MSDN:

16- to 32-Bit Thunks in GDI Device Drivers
In a GDI device driver, you can use only the following
control display driver interface (DDI) functions:

Control(ABORTDOC)
Control(ENDDOC)
Control(NEWFRAME)
Control(NEXTBAND)
Control(STARTDOC)
If you use thunking, your driver must be reentrant. You must
also use the following compatibility statement in the thunk
script:

win31compat = true;

You can call the OpenJob, StartSpoolPage, EndSpoolPage,
CloseJob, and DeleteJob functions during the five listed
control DDI calls. These calls are by drivers written for
Windows version 3.x to support backward compatibility, but
they will not be handled by Windows 95/98-based drivers.

SO.... it looks like you will need to find a new way to do
those things.

Michael

Quote:
> The CreateDOC; OpenJob;

StartSpoolPage;EndSpoolPage;WriteSpool; CloseJob;
Quote:
> DeleteSpoolPage and AnsiToOemBuff, declare i can't find
there...

> GetProfileString and DeleteDc are there
> Thanks

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert 16 to 32 Bit's Api's-Urgent
Thank's

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT! Convert 32-bit to 16-bit

2. Which API's (16 or 32 bit)

3. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)

4. Using 16-bit dll's in 32-bit VB

5. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

6. 16 bit .dll's and 32 bit VB4

7. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

8. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

9. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

10. 16 bit dll's in VB5.0 (32 bit) apps

11. CARDS.DLL 16 Bit doesn't work on VB 4.0 32 Bit

12. Use 16-bit dll's with 32-bit VB