Capturing Mouse/Keyboard Events at the Application Level
Author Message
 Capturing Mouse/Keyboard Events at the Application Level

Hello,

I am currently developing an application that contains very sensitive
information. If no mouse movement or keystroke is detected within the
application for x minutes, the application form should disappear until a
further mouse movement or keystroke activates a login process (similar
to a windows screen saver concept).

I have created a hook on the form, but it will not detect mouse movement
or keyboard strokes on individual controls within the form (which cover
70% of the form). We are looking for an easy way to detect mouse
movement and keystrokes at the application level (all controls on the
form) in Visual Basic 6.

I do hope someone can help me as it will save me typing code against
every mousemove and keypress event on every control on every form
ARRRR!!!!

Thank you in advance,

David.

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Capturing Mouse/Keyboard Events at the Application Level
Ive seen an example using some kind of journal hook with SetWindowsHookEx.
Its systemwide.

Quote:

> Hello,

> I am currently developing an application that contains very sensitive
> information. If no mouse movement or keystroke is detected within the
> application for x minutes, the application form should disappear until a
> further mouse movement or keystroke activates a login process (similar
> to a windows screen saver concept).

> I have created a hook on the form, but it will not detect mouse movement
> or keyboard strokes on individual controls within the form (which cover
> 70% of the form). We are looking for an easy way to detect mouse
> movement and keystrokes at the application level (all controls on the
> form) in Visual Basic 6.

> I do hope someone can help me as it will save me typing code against
> every mousemove and keypress event on every control on every form
> ARRRR!!!!

> Thank you in advance,

> David.

Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:21:24 GMT

1. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

2. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

3. Capturing Mouse & Keyboard Events Anywhere in Application

4. How do I capture mouse and keyboard events?

5. capturing mouse and keyboard events

6. How can I capture keyboard and mouse inputs

7. capture keyboard events without interfering with apps

8. Capturing Keyboard Event

9. Capture desktop keyboard events?

10. capture all keyboard events

11. Capture Keyboard Event

12. VB6 - Capture KeyUp at Form Level - Not FileListBox Control Level