Compiling the DLL's into the executable?
Author Message
 Compiling the DLL's into the executable?

I would like to make a VB 5.0 App that does not depend on the huge VB 5
runtime file. Is there a way to compile the needed DLL's into the program.

Thanks for your help....
Richard Beck

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Compiling the DLL's into the executable?

Nope
--
Bob Kubelka, MCSD
WinResources Computing, Inc.

Quote:
> I would like to make a VB 5.0 App that does not depend on the huge VB 5
> runtime file. Is there a way to compile the needed DLL's into the
program.

> Thanks for your help....
> Richard Beck

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Compiling the DLL's into the executable?

Quote:
> I would like to make a VB 5.0 App that does not depend on the huge VB 5
> runtime file. Is there a way to compile the needed DLL's into the

program.

It could easily be done if DLL's where provided as object modules. A static
linker would then produce the executable file that would include both those
object files and your app object file. Unfortunately, it would be a HUGE
executable, with no real benefit. Think about this:

Your app's executable file is relatively small because it relies on
services provided by VB5 DLL's. And so do ALL the VB5 based apps that you
might have on your HD.
This way, you may have a LOT of apps using ONE copy of the runtime files.

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why a compiled executable won't run on client's machine

2. I'd like to know the essential VB4 DLL's needed to an executable

3. Compiled Dll's Exe's and references

4. VB3.0 executable - won't run even w/VBRUN300.DLL

5. Passing Executable's Icon to VB-OLE DLL

6. Re-compiling dll's in VB6 Studio

7. compile'n a htm file into a RES or DLL file

8. dll doesn't work when compiled

9. I Have source for 16bit jpg/tiff/gif/etc Dll but can't compile it

10. compiling DLL's in vb

11. Can't compile EXE or DLL

12. Can't see my compiled DLL in Object Browser