Restrict keyboard strokes and mouse move.
Author Message
 Restrict keyboard strokes and mouse move.

Is there any API function that restrict the keyboard strokes and mouse move
?
For example, to let the mouse only move inside the msgbox and the keyboard
can't do anything outside this msgbox.
I want to make this to prevent the user from doing anything until he respond
to a specific message.

Fouad.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Restrict keyboard strokes and mouse move.
You can use the ClipCursor function to restrict the cursor to a rectangular
area that you specify.  There is a sample at http://www.TheScarms.com

Quote:

>Is there any API function that restrict the keyboard strokes and mouse move
>?
>For example, to let the mouse only move inside the msgbox and the keyboard
>can't do anything outside this msgbox.
>I want to make this to prevent the user from doing anything until he
respond
>to a specific message.

>Fouad.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Restrict keyboard strokes and mouse move.
Hi Fouad,

for the mouse, have a look at the ClipCursor() API function.
For the keyboard you will have to install a system wide hook (which must be
in a _normal_ .dll, not an ActiveX .dll).

--
Hope this helps ...

Rene Whitworth
Whitworth Software Solutions - Germany
http://www.w-s-s.de
Please reply to the newsgroup :-)

Quote:
> Is there any API function that restrict the keyboard strokes and mouse
move
> ?
> For example, to let the mouse only move inside the msgbox and the keyboard
> can't do anything outside this msgbox.
> I want to make this to prevent the user from doing anything until he
respond
> to a specific message.

> Fouad.

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Restrict keyboard strokes and mouse move.

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Restrict keyboard strokes and mouse move.

Quote:
>You can use the ClipCursor function to restrict the cursor to a rectangular
>area that you specify.  There is a sample at http://www.TheScarms.com

Aha!  Ya, lovely, but can anyone save me some hairloss and
tell me how to restrict the cursor inside a polyogn or other
shape etc - i've tried defining regions etc
but cant seem to get it to work...
What should I use instead of RECT coz CIRC hasn't worked
etc.

Ta brains.

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. vb5: intercepting keyboard strokes and mouse clicks

2. Key Strokes and Mouse Move

3. HELP: Restricting mouse/keyboard input

4. move a mouse pointer to a different location without moving the mouse

5. Word and keyboard strokes question...

6. PUSHING KEY STROKES INTO KEYBOARD WITH POWERBASIC

7. multiple keyboard strokes

8. Reading keyboard strokes

9. Keyboard stroke recording in VB?

10. Keyboard strokes