HELP: Problem Distributing VB Runtime.
Author Message
 HELP: Problem Distributing VB Runtime.

I have just created an application that I want to distribute. The application is written in VB5, and uses an Access 97 database. There are three reports (Crystal ver 4.5, that comes with VB5). I used the Setup Wizard to create the distribution files. The problem is that the program installs and runs with no errors reported. However, when the user attempts to run one of the reports (any one of them) the program just shutsdown. No errors or anything, just stops running as if they exited the program.

I have written the app on a win98 platform. The users machine is win95. This maybe the cause, but with no error messages, I just can't figure it out.

I have checked the documentation that came with vb/crystal, and made sure I included the appropriate .dll files. I'm sure I covered everything, but still the report problem.

Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Problem Distributing VB Runtime.
I think thats mean, one of the dll, or activex that should be included
with the application was not found, it happened to me before
Quote:

>  I have just created an application that I want to distribute. The
> application is written in VB5, and uses an Access 97 database. There
> are three reports (Crystal ver 4.5, that comes with VB5). I used the
> Setup Wizard to create the distribution files. The problem is that the
> program installs and runs with no errors reported. However, when the
> user attempts to run one of the reports (any one of them) the program
> just shutsdown. No errors or anything, just stops running as if they
> exited the program. I have written the app on a win98 platform. The
> users machine is win95. This maybe the cause, but with no error
> messages, I just can't figure it out. I have checked the documentation
> that came with vb/crystal, and made sure I included the appropriate
> .dll files. I'm sure I covered everything, but still the report
> problem. Any help that you can give would be greatly
> appreciated. Brent

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Problem Distributing VB Runtime.
This also sounds like a problem that is documented on the Seagate CR
website:
You get the problem if you compile CR on a Win98 PC (or Win95 PC with
Internet Explorer 4.x) and then trying to run the compiled EXE on Win95 PC
with IE3.x.

Harry

Sun, 24 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please, pretty please -VB Runtimes - how to distribute?

2. How to distribute Access Runtime with VB application?

3. Problem distributing VB/Database App

4. Distributing vb app with a DLL I created (problem)

5. problem using vb to create distributed component

6. Distributing Access97 application with Runtime files and registy keys

7. distributing an app written in access 2000 runtime but client still uses access 97

8. Distributing Paradox runtime

9. Distributing ACCESS 7 runtime - how?

10. How to distribute VB6 Runtimes?

11. Distributing runtime files