Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time
Author Message
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

Is this even possible?

Basically, I have an activex exe and in standalone mode it displays a
central MDI form.  When running in activex mode, I only want access to the
individual forms.  I have therefore included access methods to display these
forms individually.  What I want to do is display those forms within the
calling application.  The calling app is an MDI app.  The activex exe is a
configuration/setup tool for the app.  I would like the calling app to be
able to adjust those parameters at run-time using the forms of the activex
exe.  I would also like the activex exe to be self contained so that it can
be run on it's own to create the configuration file independant of the main
app.

If I'm going about this all wrong, I would really appreciate any
suggestions.

Also, help with the original question would be great.
Thanks in advance,
--
Alex
Software Developer

"I'm not boring,
I'm selectively interesting."

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time
Maybe the SetParent-API-Function can help you. You can find more information
and an example on http://www.allapi.net/ at the API-List.

Regards,
Pieter Philippaerts
http://www.allapi.net/

Quote:
> Is this even possible?

> Basically, I have an activex exe and in standalone mode it displays a
> central MDI form.  When running in activex mode, I only want access to the
> individual forms.  I have therefore included access methods to display
these
> forms individually.  What I want to do is display those forms within the
> calling application.  The calling app is an MDI app.  The activex exe is a
> configuration/setup tool for the app.  I would like the calling app to be
> able to adjust those parameters at run-time using the forms of the activex
> exe.  I would also like the activex exe to be self contained so that it
can
> be run on it's own to create the configuration file independant of the
main
> app.

> If I'm going about this all wrong, I would really appreciate any
> suggestions.

> Also, help with the original question would be great.
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Alex
> Software Developer

> "I'm not boring,
> I'm selectively interesting."

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time
Alex,
        what about an optional Parent parameter in the show method you
have. Youcould them just pass a ref to the calling app.
I have no idea if this willl work but it is frinday afternoon so why not
<g>

HTH,

Chris Grove, MCP (VB6)

******
PLEASE POST REPLIES TO NEWS GROUP SO ALL
CAN BENEFIT
*******

Quote:
> ----------

> Posted At:         03 April 2000 15:23
> Posted To:         winapi
> Conversation:      Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at
> run-time
> Subject:   Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

> Is this even possible?

> Basically, I have an activex exe and in standalone mode it displays a
> central MDI form.  When running in activex mode, I only want access to
> the
> individual forms.  I have therefore included access methods to display
> these
> forms individually.  What I want to do is display those forms within
> the
> calling application.  The calling app is an MDI app.  The activex exe
> is a
> configuration/setup tool for the app.  I would like the calling app to
> be
> able to adjust those parameters at run-time using the forms of the
> activex
> exe.  I would also like the activex exe to be self contained so that
> it can
> be run on it's own to create the configuration file independant of the
> main
> app.

> If I'm going about this all wrong, I would really appreciate any
> suggestions.

> Also, help with the original question would be great.
> Thanks in advance,
> --
> Alex
> Software Developer

> "I'm not boring,
> I'm selectively interesting."

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time
Call SetWindowLong(Me.hwnd, GWL_HWNDPARENT, lngNewParentHwnd)

I've tried this once, long time ago, but I remember I still had a
slight problem - I don't remember which, though, but give it a try.

Quote:
> Maybe the SetParent-API-Function can help you. You can find more
information
> and an example on http://www.allapi.net/ at the API-List.

> Regards,
> Pieter Philippaerts
> http://www.allapi.net/

> > Is this even possible?

> > Basically, I have an activex exe and in standalone mode it displays
> > central MDI form.  When running in activex mode, I only want access
to the
> > individual forms.  I have therefore included access methods to
display
> these
> > forms individually.  What I want to do is display those forms
within the
> > calling application.  The calling app is an MDI app.  The activex
exe is a
> > configuration/setup tool for the app.  I would like the calling app
to be
> > able to adjust those parameters at run-time using the forms of the
activex
> > exe.  I would also like the activex exe to be self contained so
that it
> can
> > be run on it's own to create the configuration file independant of
the
> main
> > app.

> > If I'm going about this all wrong, I would really appreciate any
> > suggestions.

> > Also, help with the original question would be great.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > --
> > Alex
> > Software Developer

> > "I'm not boring,
> > I'm selectively interesting."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

2. Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

3. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

4. set the MDI parent of MDI child forms that are in a DLL

5. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

6. MDI child form is moving down from it's parent

7. VB5: Crystal Reports child-window haven't title in MDI-parent form

8. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

9. MDI Form's menu replaced by MDI Child

10. Calling MDI child code from MDI parent menu???

11. MDI Child to an MDI Parent

12. MDI Child to an MDI Parent