how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).
Author Message
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

Hello,

I would like to know how to get a system modal window with vb5  (32 bits).
The function exists in API16 SetSysModalWindow(hWnd), but has been deleted
in the win32 API. Why ?

Thank you.

Phil

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

I don't know how to do it with a form, but with a message box it goes like
this:

MsgBox "Text Here", vbSystemModal + other constants, ...

Jonah

Quote:

>Hello,

>I would like to know how to get a system modal window with vb5  (32 bits).
>The function exists in API16 SetSysModalWindow(hWnd), but has been deleted
>in the win32 API. Why ?

>Thank you.

>Phil

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).
I think you should try Form1.Show vbModal, OwnerForm

Where OwnerForm is the form over which you wish to show the modal form.  In other words, if I have an MDI form (MDIForm1) then I would say Form1.Show vbModal, MDIForm1.

Hope this is what you mean.

Quote:

>Hello,

>I would like to know how to get a system modal window with vb5  (32 bits).
>The function exists in API16 SetSysModalWindow(hWnd), but has been deleted
>in the win32 API. Why ?

>Thank you.

>Phil

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

In Win32 environments, it's 'illegal' for one application to interfere with
another in a any way, so System Modal is no longer allowed.
That's the main reason it's not there.

Jonas
TRION Technologies

Quote:

>Hello,

>I would like to know how to get a system modal window with vb5  (32 bits).
>The function exists in API16 SetSysModalWindow(hWnd), but has been deleted
>in the win32 API. Why ?

>Thank you.

>Phil

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

Does the shutdown, restart, restart in dosmode not use the system modal
window? If not this is what I would like know. I want do disable any other
action while my  password login window is up.

thanks Tim.

Quote:

>In Win32 environments, it's 'illegal' for one application to interfere with
>another in a any way, so System Modal is no longer allowed.
>That's the main reason it's not there.

>Jonas
>TRION Technologies

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

Oh, yea, and another thing, the 'Close Program' dialog box seems to shut
out all other windows until it is done with.

This needs addressing.

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

Thanks to all, but i solved my problem. I forgot to say i needed it for a
screen saver. The tip is to set the form to full screen, disable any button
toolbar, and above all set it as the topmost window.

SetWindowPos hWnd, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, _
            conSwpNoActivate Or conSwpShowWindow

Thanks.

Phil.

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

It can be done with the following code:
form1.show vbModal

Math

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to get a system modal window with vb5 (32 bits).

That is application modal.  System modal is not allowed in Win32.

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. system modal in VB$ 32 bits

2. 16 bits and 32 bits application

3. Control bits of Lpt port in Visual basic 4 32 bits

4. Control bits of Lpt port in Visual basic 4 32 bits

5. vb3 16 bits to vb4 32 bits translation code problems

6. Problems with vb3 16 bits to vb4 32 bits translation code

7. Creating System Modal Forms in 32 bit

8. System MOdal Forms in 32 bit Visual Basic

9. Creating System Modal Forms in 32 bit

10. 32 Bit System Modal Forms ?

11. System modal forms with vb40-32

12. System modal forms with VB4-32