redirect Netscape or AOL web browser...
Author Message
 redirect Netscape or AOL web browser...

Dear everyone,

     I am writing an windows application which redirect opening web browser
to another site. i develop a routine
and it work under Internet explorer but fail in Netscape 4.x and AOL web
browser 5.x.

   I  used EnumWindows API to get the existing web browser then used
EnumChildWindows to find out the URL edit box control handle in the web
browser so that i can put my url there and send the carriage return to that
control to redirect the web browser to another site.

   I list my program segemnt as follow:

            Dim strEditText as string

            Let strEditText = " http://www.*-*-*.com/ "

            Call SendMessageByNum( UrlBoxHwnd, WM_SETFOCUS, 0&, 0&)
            Call SendMessageByText( UrlBoxHwnd, WM_SETTEXT, 0, strEditText)
            Call SendMessageByNum( UrlBoxHwnd, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_RETURN, 1&)

    After i sent the WM_SETTEXT to the netscape URL edit box, and something
happen in the Netscape. The url has changed but netscape had not been
redirected. Furthermore, Netscape not allow me to type any chars in the URL
box anymore unless i reload the page again.

   Can SendKeys solve the problem?

   Thank you.

William.

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to redirect Netscape or AOL web browser to another site?

2. Response.Redirect + Netscape Browser + StyleSheets = Problem!

3. Response.Redirect + Netscape Browser + StyleSheets = Problem!

4. Web forms redirect to another browser window

5. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

6. How to make my web browser as a default web browser

7. netscape-compatible client-side redirects?

8. Redirect Netscape users

9. Urgent Does having AOL browser effects PWS?

10. HELP:: Connection to AOL server w/o using AOL Software

11. Does shdocvw.dll hose up web browsing through AOL

12. Web browser control, .Document object browser/viewer?