! Frequently Asked Questions !
Author Message
 ! Frequently Asked Questions !

Jelsoft VB-World : http://www.*-*-*.com/

If you have a VB Question, you will find many answers at our site.  Here you
can download demonstration projects, view tips, chat to other VB developers,
leave messages at our Q&A forum and browse  our VB Book library.  For your
convienience, I have included an index to the site below.

Tips at VB-World
------------------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/

How can I disconnect from the internet using VB?
How do I find out which user is logged in?
Editing the Windows 95 documents list
How can I find out if a file exists on a disk?
How can I check to see if my program is already running?
How can I close an application?
How can I access the Registry from my VB Application?
How do I get my application on top?
How do I tell when an application executed using the SHELL command is
finished?
How can I hide the cursor?
How do I swap the mouse buttons?
How do I change the colour of the title bar?
How do I find out the colour of the title bar?
How do I change the Double click time of the mouse?
How can I exit windows from my application?
How do I find out how many buttons the mouse has got?
How can I find out how long windows 95 has been running?
How can I move the mouse cursor?
How do I find out how much disk space is occupied?
How do I use INI files?

Demo Projects
---------------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--> ShellExecute
This project demonstrates how to open a file with its default program.  For
example, a web page into the deafult browser.

--> FileAttributes
This project demonstrates how to retrieve information on a file.  i.e.
Attributes, size, time of creation, etc.

--> BrowseFolders
This project demonstrates how to use the Windows 95 Browse folders dialog
box.

--> FreeSpace
This project demonstrates how to retrieve the amount of free space that is
available on a drive.

--> Shutdown windows
This project demonstrates how to shut down windows from your VB Project.

--> Registry Access
This project demonstrates how to use the Windows registration database.

--> INI files
This project demonstrates how to read and write data from private
initialisation files.

--> Playing sounds
This project demonstrates how to play sound files using plain Visual Basic
and the Win32 API!

--> Mouse Info
This project demonstrates how to use visual basic and the Win32 API to find
out information on the mouse.

--> Keyboard Info
This project demonstrates how to retrieve lots of information about the
keyboard and keyboard settings.

--> Wallpaper
This project demonstrates how to change the Windows desktop wallpaper from
Visual Basic.

--> Windows Version
This project demonstrates how to retrieve the version of windows running.

Thanks!

James

Jelsoft VB-World
--------------------------
web    - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Repost: FAQ: (1/95) comp.lang.basic.visual.* General Frequently Asked Questions

2. FAQ: (1/95) comp.lang.basic.visual.* General Frequently Asked Questions

3. FAQ: (12/96) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB Tools Frequently Asked Questions

4. FAQ: (6/94) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB/DOS Frequently Asked Questions

5. FAQ: (8/95) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB/Win Frequently Asked Questions

6. FAQ: (12/96) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB Tools Frequently Asked Questions

7. FAQ: (6/94) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB/DOS Frequently Asked Questions

8. FAQ: (6/94) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB/DOS Frequently Asked Questions

9. FAQ: (12/96) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB Tools Frequently Asked Questions

10. FAQ: (6/94) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB/DOS Frequently Asked Questions

11. FAQ: (8/95) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB/Win Frequently Asked Questions

12. FAQ: (12/96) comp.lang.basic.visual.* VB Tools Frequently Asked Questions