----->>Faster way to open TEXT FILES...<<------
Author Message
 ----->>Faster way to open TEXT FILES...<<------

I need a faster way to open up a text file than using input to
place it in a variable, then display it on the screen.  I have tried
using binary file input but that will now work since the file is read
only ( it is on a CD).

T.I.A

Mark

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ----->>Faster way to open TEXT FILES...<<------
In the binary open just make sure your access is read only.  You could read
the file fairly quickly by reading it in 32K at a time.  I have done this
type of operation several times with success, although not from CD but that
shouldn't make any difference I don't think.  You could use API calls to
open and read the file as well.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Quote:

>I need a faster way to open up a text file than using input to
>place it in a variable, then display it on the screen.  I have tried
>using binary file input but that will now work since the file is read
>only ( it is on a CD).

>T.I.A

>Mark

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ----->>Faster way to open TEXT FILES...<<------
Could you give us some idea of the method you are using now?
... and a bit more info about the end result you are trying to code?

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia

Quote:

>I need a faster way to open up a text file than using input to
>place it in a variable, then display it on the screen.  I have tried
>using binary file input but that will now work since the file is read
>only ( it is on a CD).

>T.I.A

>Mark

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

3. <<<Gif Files>>>

6. >>>> WAV file GRAPH <<<<<<<

7. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

8. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

9. <<<Cneck Box>>>

10. <<<CD ROM>>>

11. <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>

12. <<<NetWork Drv>>>