Shortcuts
Author Message
 Shortcuts

It would appear to me that the lnk file does not store the shortcuts
position on the desktop or when in a folder. Is there a api to find
this information. I would like to add a shortcut to the desktop (which
it can do) but always take the first open spot on the desktop

Thx

Bob
Have a grrreat day.

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:13:02 GMT
 Shortcuts
Desktop Icon positions are stored in shelliconcache file
.... don't know if there is anyway to manipulate it or not

Dale

Quote:
> It would appear to me that the lnk file does not store the
shortcuts
> position on the desktop or when in a folder. Is there a
api to find
> this information. I would like to add a shortcut to the
desktop (which
> it can do) but always take the first open spot on the
desktop

> Thx

> Bob
> Have a grrreat day.

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:27:31 GMT
 Shortcuts
Thanks I have been hunting for ever it seems, and usually never get a
reply. I have tried all kinds of differnt newgroups.

Quote:
>Desktop Icon positions are stored in shelliconcache file
>.... don't know if there is anyway to manipulate it or not

>Dale

>> It would appear to me that the lnk file does not store the
>shortcuts
>> position on the desktop or when in a folder. Is there a
>api to find
>> this information. I would like to add a shortcut to the
>desktop (which
>> it can do) but always take the first open spot on the
>desktop

>> Thx

>> Bob
>> Have a grrreat day.

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:08:40 GMT

1. Changing the Shortcuts in the Shortcut bar

2. Folder Shortcut -vs- Application Shortcut

3. VIEWS: how to create a shortcut in the Outlook shortcut bar or in the menu bar to a view ?

4. how can i add in ol2k a shortcut in a shortcut bar ....

5. Access 2000 Exporting/Importing Database Object Groups with Shortcuts

6. Shortcuts

7. Create a shortcut

8. determining menubars and shortcut menus

9. Shortcut menu Form vs Controls

10. Shortcut...?

11. Shortcut Key

12. Change Icon in Shortcut programmatically?