Speed problems with drawing large graphics
Author Message
 Speed problems with drawing large graphics

Hi:
        Basically my programm has to draw  very big graphics on a
picture box ( at least 1600 *800 pixels), due to some reasons, I have to set
the picture box's Autoredraw property to true, which leads to all these
graphics to be drawn into a persistent memory.  But this slows down the
speed very much.

        I tried to create a memory buffer , draw all the graphics into
this memory buffer first, and then transfer the content to picture box's
image object using bitblt,  but  the speed is still not satisfactory.

        Could anybody give me some suggestion?

        I guess maybe the OpenGL's double buffer functions could do the job
( Am I right?), but I could not find the detaied example about how to use
those funcitons.   could somebody send me some examples?

    Thanks in advance.

    Please EMail me the replay

    Helena

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help! Speed problems with drawing large graphics

2. Speed Comparison Post #2 of 2 - quite large (Was Fast Drawing)

3. CIRCLE drawing large radius problem

4. Drawing functions(formulas) to draw graphics Like Fxtools.vbx

5. Problem saving run-time drawn Picturebox graphics as WMF

6. Need graphics expert! How to draw a large graphics image in memory?

7. search speed on large access db using jet

8. Virtual Listview for SPEED when populating large amount of data

9. Virtual Listview for SPEED when populating large amount of data

10. search speed on large access db using jet

11. Virtual Listview for SPEED when populating large amount of data

12. Dividing large tables for speed?