Print on a non-default printer
Author Message
 Print on a non-default printer

Install Service Pack 3. You can find it on Microsoft's server for free.

When you install it you will see "Mictosoft VB... (SP 3)" on then VB splash
form.

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Print on a non-default printer
Yes, I am using VB5. Please help me if you can...I guess its without
service pack. Coz we bought the Enterprise Studio 97 in Jan 98, but I can't
remember that I have installed a service pack, neither I remember that I
have seen anything like that.

thanks,

Anand K.

 What version of VB are your using?  VB5?  with or without service pack.
 This sounds like an old VB5 problem.

Hi,

I am having a problem in printing to a printer (actually I am sending ASCII
strings) which is not a Windows Default printer.

I tried to change the default printer within the code, but actually it
couldn't work. (sending strings)

the command I use (and may not have much choice) is

printer.print ascii_string_variable

It happens like this - the moment control goes to this like, the default
printer again becomes the Windows Printer! I found out one more thing that
if I quit the application and run again, then the default printer is
changed and then I can print. (just like a notepad document does not
recognize the changed default printer...)

I would appreciate help on this. Please send me mails at -

thanks.

Anand.

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Printing report on non-default printer w/o user selecting printer

2. Printer.Print on non-default printer

3. printer default to non-default printer

4. How selecting a (non-default) printer for printing a report

5. Printing to non-default printer

6. How do I Print to non-default printer in VB5

7. Printing to non-default printer

8. printing to non-default printer

9. Help w/ printing to non-default printer

10. Print to non-default printer

11. Macro that selects printer and prints doc also changes default printer

12. Printing to a printer that is NOT the default printer