Simulating Keyboard Input
Author Message
 Simulating Keyboard Input

Is it possible to simulate keyboard actions on a form or control, such
as holding down the CTRL key? I'm particularly interested in simulating
keys being depressed for an extended amount of time rather than a single
key press. SendKey doesn't appear to able of doing this so I was
wondering if there's another way.

TIA.

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Simulating Keyboard Input
Yes you can , try to use the sendkeys function, you can make a simulate
keyboard too from another applicacions
Quote:

> Is it possible to simulate keyboard actions on a form or control, such
> as holding down the CTRL key? I'm particularly interested in simulating
> keys being depressed for an extended amount of time rather than a single
> key press. SendKey doesn't appear to able of doing this so I was
> wondering if there's another way.

> TIA.

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Simulating Keyboard Input

Quote:
> Is it possible to simulate keyboard actions on a form or control, such
> as holding down the CTRL key? I'm particularly interested in simulating
> keys being depressed for an extended amount of time rather than a single
> key press. SendKey doesn't appear to able of doing this so I was
> wondering if there's another way.

You should check out the keybd_event API.

Take a look at the link below for a class that wraps this api to make life a
bit easier (or just use it to learn how to use the API)

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/
--
Scott Seligman                     The avalanche has already begun,

http://www.scottandmichelle.net/          pebbles to vote.

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Simulating Keyboard Input
SendKey seems to work for me.  I just send another CTRL character every few
milliseconds.  In what way didn't it work for you?

Paul

Quote:

> > Is it possible to simulate keyboard actions on a form or control, such
> > as holding down the CTRL key? I'm particularly interested in simulating
> > keys being depressed for an extended amount of time rather than a single
> > key press. SendKey doesn't appear to able of doing this so I was
> > wondering if there's another way.

> You should check out the keybd_event API.

> Take a look at the link below for a class that wraps this api to make life
> bit easier (or just use it to learn how to use the API)

> http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/
> --
> Scott Seligman                     The avalanche has already begun,

> http://www.scottandmichelle.net/          pebbles to vote.

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Simulating Keyboard Input
I just didn't like the idea of repeatedly sending the CTRL key. I found that
using GetKeyboardState and SetKeyboardState was a simpler way to do what I
wanted.

Thanks all for your interest.

Quote:

> SendKey seems to work for me.  I just send another CTRL character every few
> milliseconds.  In what way didn't it work for you?

> Paul

> > > Is it possible to simulate keyboard actions on a form or control, such
> > > as holding down the CTRL key? I'm particularly interested in simulating
> > > keys being depressed for an extended amount of time rather than a single
> > > key press. SendKey doesn't appear to able of doing this so I was
> > > wondering if there's another way.

> > You should check out the keybd_event API.

> > Take a look at the link below for a class that wraps this api to make life
> > bit easier (or just use it to learn how to use the API)

> > http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/code/
> > --
> > Scott Seligman                     The avalanche has already begun,

> > http://www.scottandmichelle.net/          pebbles to vote.

Wed, 05 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simulate Keyboard Input

2. How to disable/enable keyboard input and mouse input

3. Simulate keyboard entry

4. How to simulate keyboard combinations like shift + g ...

5. How to simulate keyboard combinations like shift + g ...

6. Simulating mouse movements and Clicks on the Keyboard

7. Simulate mouse and keyboard

8. HOWTO: Simulate user input

9. HOWTO: Simulate user input

10. HOWTO: Simulate user input