One instance passing arguments to another
Author Message
 One instance passing arguments to another

I only want one instance of my application running, and I know how to do
that.  But  whatever command-line arguments are passed into the 2nd instance
I would like to pass to the 1st (original instance), and then terminate the
2nd instance.  Of course I could just save to the registry and check it
every millisecond but that's a little crude.

Thanx for your help
--Matt Rogers

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 06:07:12 GMT
 One instance passing arguments to another
just an idia
first take a look at Q176058

on load you chack if this the first instance
 if true you activate wait for the second instance  to send you the
arguments
 if false you send the arguments .

hope this help

gringoman!

Quote:
> I only want one instance of my application running, and I know how to do
> that.  But  whatever command-line arguments are passed into the 2nd
instance
> I would like to pass to the 1st (original instance), and then terminate
the
> 2nd instance.  Of course I could just save to the registry and check it
> every millisecond but that's a little crude.

> Thanx for your help
> --Matt Rogers

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:15:11 GMT

1. Pass argument but only one instance running

2. passing arguments to a previous instance

3. Passing one dimension of a variant table as argument of a function

4. How to pass one record from a recordset as an argument

5. passing arguments from one form to another

6. Passing arguments from one form to another

7. Arguments : Passing Arguments containing <">

8. Modifying contents of one window instance from another window instance

9. HELP: Passing a command line from a second instance of an app to the previous instance

10. End 2nd App Instance Passing Focus to 1st App Instance

11. Arguments pass short 8.3 filename, how pass LFN?

12. Passing Arguments / Passing an Array