Can I create a DLL and export function in VB ?
Author Message
 Can I create a DLL and export function in VB ?

Can I create a DLL and export function in VB and then load the DLL and use
that function from C++ ?

The purpose is to provide customers with ability to write plugin DLL's in
VB for our C++ application. I know it's possible to use COM as a mechanism
for plugin interface, but I'd prefer DLL and plain API option if possible.

Please cc the answer to me

Thanks for help,
George

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I create a DLL and export function in VB ?
Hi Gia,

No, the only way to do is using OLE by creating an ActiveX DLL with VB 5.0.

Regards,
Hartmut Anders

Quote:
>The purpose is to provide customers with ability to write plugin DLL's in
>VB for our C++ application. I know it's possible to use COM as a mechanism
>for plugin interface, but I'd prefer DLL and plain API option if possible.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I create a DLL and export function in VB ?
[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.vb.winapi and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

Quote:
> Can I create a DLL and export function in VB and then load the DLL and use
> that function from C++ ?

> The purpose is to provide customers with ability to write plugin DLL's in
> VB for our C++ application. I know it's possible to use COM as a mechanism
> for plugin interface, but I'd prefer DLL and plain API option if possible.

Visual Basic does not have the ability to create standard Windows DLLs, only
ActiveX DLLs.  You may want to take a look at the powerbasic DLL Compiler for
Windows at http://www.powerbasic.com

It creates true stand-lone DLLs (no run-time required) as small as 6k.

--Dave

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I create a DLL and export function in VB ?
Quote:

> Can I create a DLL and export function in VB and then load the DLL and use
> that function from C++ ?

[...]

Yes, assuming you'r beyond the hacking stage and you regard VB as useful
in developing Win32 applications. To do so, get Spyworks 5 from
Desaware. Its export utility allows you to turn VB ActiveX DLL's into
true Win32 DLL's with the export of just about anything.

Good Luck,
Gerry T.

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. export a function when creating a DLL in VB

2. export a function when creating a DLL in VB

3. Exporting functions from VB5 created DLLs.

4. creating a callback function in c++ dll to callback a VB function in an exe

5. How to export function in a VB DLL

6. Declaring VB DLL Function for Export

7. How to: export function from VB DLL?

8. Problem of VB calling DLL function exported with __declspec(dllexport) in VC++

9. How to: export function from VB DLL?

10. DLL C Function Export for VB

11. How do I create a canned form?

12. How to Create a VB5 DLL and use it in other VB/VC++ function