Keyboard cursor rate
Author Message
 Keyboard cursor rate

HI!

I am developing a short text editor for educational use. I would like to
detect if the keyboard cursor rate is fast or not when starting the program,
to ask the user to accelerate it, or me myself change it by code.
If someone knows how to do it, please help me.

Thanks to all!

Rinaldo

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard cursor rate

Quote:
>HI!
>I am developing a short text editor for educational use. I would like to
>detect if the keyboard cursor rate is fast or not when starting the program,
>to ask the user to accelerate it, or me myself change it by code.
>If someone knows how to do it, please help me.
>Thanks to all!
>Rinaldo

Under NT 4.0, this data is stored in the Registry as:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard]
"KeyboardSpeed"="#"
"KeyboardDelay"="#"

Where # of course represents a value. I did an export and mine is set
to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard]
"KeyboardSpeed"="31"
"KeyboardDelay"="1"

Hope this helps.

-John

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Keyboard cursor rate

2. Keyboard Type Repeat Rate

3. changing keyboard repeat rate from QB

4. How to set keyboard repeat/delay rate?

5. Need help Disabling Keyboard Delays and Rate...

6. How to slow down keyboard acceptance rate?

7. Go to cursor keyboard shortcut

8. DBGrid display problem - cursor and data entered by the keyboard doesn't show

9. Moving the Keyboard Cursor

10. Keyboard cursor position? or have mouse follow keyboard??

11. No Open Cursor or Cursor Closed

12. colored CURsor and ANImated cursor files